Daily exercise and entertainment are very important for the physical and mental health of any cat. Climbing trees is a great activity that will keep a cat active and at the same time offer her an opportunity to sharpen her claws.
Best cat trees are designed to keep a cat active, give her plenty of space to lounge, hide or perch upon, and keep her claws sharp. Cat trees come in all shapes and sizes, with multiple levels to climb, perches, hiding holes, and scratching surfaces, which makes finding the right one difficult.
To help you make an informed decision we’ve reviewed 15 cat trees that can meet your cat’s every need.
Things to look for in a cat tree?
Now that you know what are the most popular types of cat trees you should also know what to look for in a cat tree and which one will meet all of your cat’s needs.
– Size: To find the right cat tree you should consider your cat’s size and the size of the room in which you are going to place it. Look for a climbing tower that won’t feel cramped and will have enough space so all your cats will fit comfortably.
– Steady support: Look for a cat tree that is sturdy and able to hold your cat or cats. Most models have a weight limit and you should check that before buying any model. Also, try to find a cat tree with a strong and wide base that will prevent wobbling.
– Design: Consider your cat’s unique individual needs and look for trees that will be fun for her. Ladders, scratching posts, several perches, handing toys, multiple levels are things most cats enjoy.
|Cat Trees||Feature||Our Rated|
|1. Cat Tree For Large Cats By Cat Tree King||For Large Cats||Check on Amazon|
|2. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture||Multiple Cats||Check on Amazon|
|3. Go Pet Club Cat Tree, Brown, F49||For Two Cats||Check on Amazon|
|4. Kitty City Claw Mega Kit Cat Furniture||Custom Cat Tree||Check on Amazon|
|5. Go Pet Club Cat Tree – 72 in||multi-cat households||Check on Amazon|
|6. Songmic 58” Cat Tree Condo Tower||30-month warranty||Check on Amazon|
|7. Mid West Feline Nuvo Cat Furniture||for Small Apartment||Check on Amazon|
|8. Amazon Basic Cat Activity Tree||Simple Cat Tree||Check on Amazon|
|9. CatHeaven Cat Condo||For Small Cats||Check on Amazon|
|10. Go Pet Club Cat Trees||Tree for Small Cats||Check on Amazon|
|11. Yaheetech 51.2” Cat Tree||Tree for Kittens||Check on Amazon|
|12. CozyCatFurniture Extra Large Cat Tower||Well Made Cat Tree||Check on Amazon|
|13. New Cat Condos Large Cat Tower||High Quality Cat Tree||Check on Amazon|
|14. MidWest Feline Nuvo Playhouse||Mainecoons Cat Tree||Check on Amazon|
|15. Go Pet Club 52” Cat Tree Furniture||for Medium-sized Cats||Check on Amazon|
15 Best Cat Tree Reviews
1. Cat Tree For Large Cats By Cat Tree King – Best Cat Trees for Large Cats
This is a heavy-duty and high-quality cat tree that is specially made to accommodate large cats. The best cat tree for large cats is completely covered with beige plush that is glued to the wood and it can’t be pulled loose.
All poles of this cat tree are fully covered with sisal rope from top to bottom, and the rope is glued to the poles. In cases when a cat damages the rope it won’t simply fall off, it will instead stay glued and fully functional.
This is a 59 inches hight tree that has a bed for cats at the top that comes with a washable plush pillow and two large rotatable hammocks that are tested up to 44 lb. Cat playhouse is situated at the bottom of this cat tree and has a large entrance to board breeds like Bengal, Maine coon.
This is a highly rated product that is worth the cost, and finally a stable and durable option for large cats. Owners are impressed with the design and quality of this cat tree and cats absolutely love it.
- High-quality materials and sturdy design
- Large enough to accommodate cats over 20 lb
- Easy to assemble
- Cats love sleeping in hammocks
- The structure is sound and the tree doesn't wobble
- Can take up a lot of space
2. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture 62 in. High – Cat Tree for Multiple Cats
Model F67 Cat Tree by Go Pet Club is made of durable compressed wood and it’s covered with soft beige faux fur. Since posts are covered with natural sisal rope they offer plenty of scratching surfaces that will keep your cat away from your furniture.
This model sports ladder, many perches, a basket and condo that can serve as resting and napping areas. Since this model is fairly large, well built and durable, it can be used for multiple cats.
Most cats love this cat tree and spend better parts of their days playing, scratching or napping in it. This model of cat tree comes with easy to follow instructions and it takes less than 30 minutes to assemble it.
However, some owners express their worries about the design and say that hammock can fall off easily and poses a safety hazard for cats.
- Offers scratching surfaces, perches, and napping areas
- Easy to assemble
- Cats love playing and sleeping in it
- Can be used in multi-cat households
- Wobbly structure
- Larger cats can't fit into the house or basket
3. Go Pet Club Cat Tree, Brown, F49 – Best Cat Tree For Two Cats
Model F49 cat tree by Go Pet Club is 47,5 inch high and made of durable pressed wood. This cat tree is covered with brown faux fur for extra softness and comfort.
Natural sisal rope is used as covering for posts, and it provides excellent scratching surfaces that will keep your cat occupied for hours. This cat tree has a ladder, hole, house, basket, perch, and a rope.
This is the best cat tree for two cats since it is sturdy and has enough space to accommodate two cats. Most cats love sleeping in the house, or just napping in the basket, and the highest perch is perfect for observing.
Most owners agree that this tree keeps their cats entertained and active, and some cats claimed the house as their permanent bed.
This model comes with instruction manual, necessary tools, and it is very easy to assemble. Since it is made from sturdy materials, this cat tree is stable and long-lasting.
- Durable and stable
- Soft covering for extra comfort
- Can be used for more than one cat
- Keeps cats active and content
- Easy to assemble
- Can't support large cats
4. Kitty City Claw Mega Kit Cat Furniture – Custom Cat Tree
Claw Mega Kit Cat furniture is more than a simple cat tree, it offers plenty of space for lounging and playing, toys and scratching surfaces. The great thing about this cat tree is that you can customize it and build it according to your cat’s lifestyle.
Modular design works great for a small apartment and you can expand your cat tree any time. This cat tree has soft fleece for napping, scratching posts, climbing platforms, hiding holes, and ball toys.
Although materials don’t seem strong and durable this cat tree can accommodate more than one cat at the time and offer enough space for play. This model may work great as a cat tree for kittens since it is equipped with toys and so many different options.
Most owners love this cat tree since it is easy to clean and keeps their cats occupied for hours and away from their furniture. The sturdy and spacious design is interesting for cats of all ages and can accommodate more than two cats at the time.
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Modular design and possibility of customization
- Works for cats of all ages
- Keeps cats entertained and active
- Materials aren't so strong
5. Go Pet Club Cat Tree – 72 in – Cat Tree with Houses
This is a 72 in. high cat climber made of durable compressed wood and covered with deep blue faux fur. This model has three perches, two condos, and two toy mice to keep your cat comfortable and entertained at the same time.
All 10 posts are fully covered with natural sisal rope which is great for scratching and will keep your cat’s claws away from your furniture. Go Pet Club Cat Tree is very well built and can sustain significant abuse from more than one cat.
Most owners like that this tree is big and sturdy enough to offer entertainment and climbing options for more than one cat. According to reviews some people claim that this is the best cat tree for the money since it is easy to build and cats are all over it even before it is assembled.
Cats love having three perching options and use two houses as hiding places in most cases. Overall, this is a sturdy cat tree that gets cats to play and be active.
- Sturdy and doesn't wobble
- Serves as playing, lounging and scratching area
- Works well for multi-cat households
- Well built and spacious
- Can be delivered with missing parts
6. Songmic 58” Cat Tree Condo Tower – Good for the Price
Songmatic cat tower is made to meet all the needs of your cat, keeping her comfortable and entertained. This cat tree is completely covered in soft plush with posts wrapped in natural sisal rope.
This cat condo has sisal covered pad at the bottom platform, condo that fits two cats, cozy perch with a rim, hammock, a rope, and a fluffy ball. The total height of the cat tree is 58 in. and it has three levels and a perch.
The tree is made to be extra stable with battens at the bottom that ensure extra stability and safety. This product is covered by a 30-month warranty which is a great thing since this is one of the cheap cat trees on the market today.
Most owners find that this cat tree is sturdy, high-quality and that works well even for larger cats. Cats seem to enjoy playing with toys and having so many scratching surfaces.
- Well built and luxurious
- Keeps cats active and has resting areas
- Can be used for more than two cats
- Built to be very stable
- Spacious and comfortable
- Hard to follow instructions
7. Mid West Feline Nuvo Cat Furniture – Cat Tree for Small Apartment
This is a cat tree scratching post designed to keep your cat comfortable and at the same time, it won’t take so much room in your apartment. To distinguish its product from the rest, Mid West covered their cat tree with soft cream faux fur and designer print fabric.
This is a smaller cat tree compared to others from our reviews, it is only 30.75 in high and has scratching pad, fun lounge/lookout, and a perch. Built-in scratching pad is made from sisal rope is durable and will keep your cat’s claws trimmed and sharp.
This product is easy to assemble and is shipped with all the necessary tools and comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty. Owners love the sturdy design of this cat tree, however, they also agree that this cat tree isn’t stable enough and that a cat needs to get used to wobbling.
Some say that their cats are perfectly content sleeping at the base of the tree and playing with the fur ball for hours.
- It doesn't take too much space
- Has a nice and modern design
- Cats have lounging, scratching and playing area
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- It isn't stable and needs to be placed by a wall
8. Amazon Basic Cat Activity Tree With Scratching Posts – Simple Cat Tree
This cat tree is made of compressed wood with carpeted surfaces and seven posts that are wrapped in sisal rope. This is a large cat tree and it has three levels with a round shaped top platform that has rims for extra safety and comfort.
As with most cat stands, this model also has a fairly basic design but that doesn’t impact its functionality. It serves as lounging, climbing, and scratching area, and it can be a great way to keep an indoor only cat active and fit.
According to the reviews, this is a sturdy and steady cat tree made of solid and durable materials. However, it isn’t big enough for large cats as advertised but it provides enough space for average adult cats.
Cats seem to love lounging on the highest platform and most people recommend this tree as an inexpensive but quality cat tree for owners with only one cat.
- Sturdy, durable and very stable
- Great for cats that love to scratch
- Doesn't take up too much space
- Simple but effective design
- It isn't big enough for large cats
9. CatHeaven Cat Condo – For Small Cats
If you are looking for a cat tree that will bring the feel of outdoors in your home, the CatHeaven Cat Condo by On2Pets might be the right choice. This is a tree-shaped cat condo made of pressed wood, carpet, and artificial leaves.
The CatHeaven Cat Condo is a large cat tree with a square base, but you can also choose between small and medium size and opt for a round base. This is one of the cat tree towers that looks nice in any room, and your cat can use it for jumping, scratching, climbing, or lounging.
Based on reviews cats love hiding in the leaves and are able to practice their hunting instincts. This tree provides necessary exercise providing cats with places to scratch and jump onto.
The downside of this product is that it is wobbly and can topple when a cat tries to jump onto it. As an alternative, some buyers suggest reinforcing the base to make it safer.
- Beautiful design
- Made to keep a cat active and fit
- Can serve as resting oasis
- Comes in different sizes
- Cats love the feels of outdoors inside the house
- The base isn't stable enough
10. Go Pet Club Cat Trees – Another Tree for Small Cats
This cat tree is made of pressed wood covered with soft faux fur in beige and brown color. The height of the Go Pet Club Cat tree is 61 in. and it has 9 posts covered by natural sisal rope for a variety of scratching options.
The tree has three levels, a house at the bottom level with two holes, two perching areas, and fake leaves wrapped around the tree to give it a more outdoorsy feel. Cats in particular love the leaves and most owners share that their felines play with them all the time.
This is a big tree that can be used for multi-cat households and cats get plenty of exercise climbing and jumping on it when they aren’t using one of many scratching posts. Some reviews state that the base isn’t sturdy enough and that this cat tree needs to be secured to a wall or wedged in between furniture for extra safety.
- Spacious tree stimulates jumping and climbing
- Many scratching options
- The faux fur material is very soft and gentle
- Can be used in multi-cat households
- The base isn't sturdy enough so the thee is wobbly
- Some cats can chew and ingest fake leaves
11. Yaheetech 51.2” Cat Tree Tower Condo – Tree for Kittens
Besides being a tower condo this is a furniture house scratch post and 52 in. playhouse for kittens. This beige colored model is made of skin-friendly MDF board and environmental-friendly flannelette.
This multi-level cat tower has two cave sleeping and lounging areas, three perches, and two fluffy ball toys to keep the kittens entertained. The tree is made to sustain the maximum load of 40lb so it can be a suitable choice for homes with several kittens.
Posts are covered with natural sisal rope and there are enough scratching areas to keep all of your kittens occupied. This is above all activity tree and can be used for always active kittens, small or medium-sized adult cats.
Many owners say that this is a sturdy cat tower that meets the needs of kittens and smaller cats and keeps them entertained for hours. On the other hand, the assembly directions aren’t so good, and you may need some time to build this cat tree.
- Can be used for kittens and smaller adult cats
- Spacious, durable, and stable cat tower
- Stimulates cats to jump, climb, and scratch
- Can sustain a maximum weight of 40lb
- Hard to assemble
- Not big enough for large cats
12. CozyCatFurniture Extra Large Cat Tower – Well Made Cat Tree
This is a multilevel 75 in tall cat tree, specially made to meet the needs of large cats and can sustain up to 75 lb. The tree is covered with soft brown plush that is very easy to clean and maintain and keeps cats very comfortable.
This is one of the best cat trees on the market and has many scratching surfaces, perches, ladder, and condo. Furthermore, CozyCatFutniture also includes fake leaves with this scratching tower, to let your cat feel like she is outdoors in the wild.
This is a sturdy and one of the well-built cat towers for big cats that stimulate climbing, scratching and keep a cat active and entertained. Some owners noted that the tree wobbles a little bit when cats are jumping on it, but attribute that to its heights and don’t mind it much.
- This is a high-quality, stable and durable cat tree
- Made to meet the needs of larger cats
- Stimulates the cat to be more active
- Easy to assemble and comes with all tools
- The plush is too soft so it is hard for cats to climb
13. New Cat Condos Large Cat Tower – High Quality Cat Tree
New Cat Condos cat tower is 65 in tall, made from solid wood and plush neutral colored household grade carpet, and sisal rope. This cat tree has four soft and comfortable perches and a scratching post near the base of the tree.
This is USA made product made from high-quality durable materials and is easy to assemble. Furthermore, the design is solid and can support even larger cats since it is made with metal connections and a solid base that prevents shaking and wobbling.
According to reviews cats love this climbing tower and perches are large enough to fit even the bigger breeds comfortably and serve as vantage points or lounging areas. This product comes in four pieces and you only have to screw all of them together to assemble the whole tree.
Some cat owners feel that this cat tower needs more scratching surfaces since it currently has only one scratching post.
- Made from heavy duty and sturdy materials
- Solid and can be used for large cats
- Easy to follow directions
- Good for climbing, scratching and jumping
- Can have tiny splinters stuck into carpeting
14. MidWest Feline Nuvo Playhouse – Mainecoons Cat Tree
Made to be an ultimate playhouse, this cat tree is designed to keep cats entertained and active. This is a 61.5 in tall cat tree with five platforms, lounging lookout area, and two condos that can serve for naps and relaxation.
To make things even more interesting MidWest included four dangling ball toys that keep cats active and playful for hours. All posts are fully covered with resilient sisal that is a great material for scratching.
This product comes in blue and white sunburst color featuring soft faux fur and designer print fabric inside the two condos and one perch. Most owners love this look and find it refreshing compared to so many cat trees made of carpets.
Cats love playing and lounging in Nuovo Playhouse, and there is enough space for jumping and scratching.
- Sturdy design but sophisticated look
- Good for play, lounging, climbing, and scratching
- Easy to assemble
- Durable and stable
- Sisal is brittle and falls off easily
15. Go Pet Club 52” Cat Tree Furniture – Tree for Medium-sized Cats
Cat Tree Furniture by Go Pet Club is made from durable compressed wood that is covered with soft beige faux fur. This tree is 52 in tall and has poles wrapped in sisal rope that makes great scratching surface.
The cat tower has a nicely sized condo that fits medium-sized cats, two perches, a ladder, and two toy mice for entertainment. Most owners report that cats love this cat tree and jumping and climbing on it, but it is unfortunately too small for large cats.
This cat tree is solidly built and sturdy but easy to move around, however, some owners reported occasional wobbling and recommend attaching the tower to a wall for extra support. According to reviews, this tree can be a nice choice if you are on a tight budget since it is quality made and nice looking.
The product is easy to assemble and comes with detailed instructions and all necessary tools.
- Serves as playing, lounging, and scratching area
- Keeps cats entertained and active
- Easy to assemble and durable
- Cats never tire playing inside it
- Too small for larger adult cats
How to choose the best cat tree?
There is a variety of different cat trees, and to find the right one for your cat you need to consider her unique needs. These are the three most popular types of cat trees:
– Cat condo: This type of cat trees has one or two small rooms and a space for a cat to lounge and relax. Features, like scratching posts and handing toys, are also present which makes cat condos suitable for multi-cat households.
– Cat post: Has a scratching surface and a small perch for a cat to lounge and relax. It is smaller than cat condo and suitable for homes with one or two cats.
– Themed cat trees: Are in fact cat playhouses with different designs, many perches, rooms, and several scratching posts.
What are the benefits of cat trees?
Indoor cats tend to get be less active and as the result, they can become depressed or obese. It is very important to provide exercise and mental stimulation and a cat tree can help with that.
– Entertainment and rest: Cat trees are fun to climb and various hanging toys can keep a cat entertained for hours. And once a cat is tired and wants to take a nap, she can to that by laying on a perch or in a cat condo.
– Keeps the claws healthy: Usually, cat trees come with a scratching post that helps keep your cat’s claws trimmed and strong. An additional benefit is that your kitty won’t feel the need to sharpen her claws on your furniture and carpets.
– Exercise: Cats are natural climbers and they are excellent jumpers, and these activities keep them agile and fit. Having a cat tree may activate your cat and help her lose weight the fun way.
– Cats can share it: Cat trees are spacious and often can accommodate more than one cat at the same time. Your cats can play together, deepen their bond, and you can save some money in the long run on cat toys and furniture.
How to use a cat tree?
There aren’t any prerequisites for using a cat tree, but you will have to assemble it once you buy it. Try your best to follow directions, and in most cases, cat trees are easily assembled and ready to use within 30 minutes.
However, if anything seems strange or wobbly recheck your work and call customer support for additional information. The safety of your cat comes first so make sure that everything is tightly secured.
Indoor only cats need to stay active in order to be healthy and the best cat trees can stimulate them both physically and mentally. The right cat tree will provide hours of entertainment, keep your cat healthy, and provide her with ample space to climb, jump onto and relax in.
With that being said we recommend Cat Tree For Large Cats by Cat King Tree since it is stable and made to sustain up to 44 lb. It has a nice design, cats love it, and most importantly it’s steady and durable.
Catherine Bono is a blogger, who is passionate about dogs and cats. She created Crittersitca.com to shares her experience as she studies to become a qualified vet.