Are you one of those Maltese owners who are having a hard time grooming their pets? Maybe you are using the wrong tool. In grooming your pet Maltese washing their hair is not enough. They will need some sort of trimming. One of the tools you need is a clipper.
Dog’s hair varies; some are soft and easy to manage while others are hard and difficult to handle. Good thing clippers are also manufactured depending on the type of hair your dog has.
You don’t just buy the first clipper that you find online. Getting the wrong tool would result in difficulty in grooming pets, and sometimes you might injure them.
To help you find the best clippers to Maltese, we have reviewed ten products that you can consider buying. These clippers for Maltese reviews will help you decide which is the perfect tool for your pet dog.
- 10 Best Clipper to Maltese Reviews
- 1. Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers
- 2. Pet Union Professional Dog Grooming Kit
- 3. WAHL Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Clippers
- 4. Andis ProClip 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
- 5. Oster A5 2-Speed Pet Grooming Clipper
- 6. Bousnic Dog Clippers 2-Speed Cordless
- 7. Ceenwes Dog Clippers
- 8. Sminiker Professional Cordless Cat and Dog Clippers
- 9. OMORC Dog Clippers
- 10. Hansprou Dog Shaver Clippers
- What Are the Factors You Need to Consider When Buying?
- Which is Better Cordless or Corded Dog Clippers?
10 Best Clipper to Maltese Reviews
Here are ten reliable and durable clippers for grooming Maltese that you can consider buying.
1. Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers
The Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers is a popular name when it comes to grooming your Maltese. This clipper produces less noise as compared to others. It is equipped with a Lithium-ion battery and can be recharged for added flexibility.
You can also use the tool while charging, so you don’t have to pause in between grooming just in case it runs out of battery. With its rechargeable battery, you will be able to save a lot of electricity.
- Works silently
- The tool is rechargeable and cordless for easy grooming
- Safe for both cats and dogs
- The blades are detachable
- Not recommended for thick or tangled hair
2. Pet Union Professional Dog Grooming Kit
The Pet Union Professional Dog Grooming Kit possesses the features you need for grooming. This complete grooming kit for your pet produces less noise that will not annoy your Maltese during grooming time.
The tool produces low-vibration to make sure your dog will remain calm during the process. It is very handy with the cordless operation so you can bring it anywhere you go and in case your pups get wiggly.
- Recommended for thin to medium coats
- The tool offers a lifetime replacement
- With adjustable blade
- The kit includes comfort combs
- Not advisable for heavy-duty jobs
3. WAHL Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Clippers
Another famous brand in the US is the Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series. The tool is perfect for small to large breed of dogs. If your Maltese pup has medium thickness hair, this clipper is a suitable dog trimmer. It can be used for dogs with long hair.
- Equipped with a self-sharpening precision blade
- Kit includes other grooming tools like comb and scissors
- Up to two hours running time
- Cordless, convenient operation
- Can cut a little amount of hair
4. Andis ProClip 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
This 2-speed clipper from Andis is designed to last long and is very versatile. You can either set it at high or low speed, whichever will fit the operation. Many dogs are sensitive to noise. This tool operates quietly.
The Andis ProClip Clipper has a locking switch to make sure the clipper will not shut off automatically during clipping operation. It has a round barrel shape that is ideal for those who would want a better grip. Unlike other clippers, it is corded with 14 feet heavy-duty cord.
- With break-resistant housing
- Equipped with locking switch to prevent accidental shutoff
- It has a cool-running smart design that gets rid of fans and vents
- Can be used for dogs with matted hair
- The tool is corded and can disturb the operation.
5. Oster A5 2-Speed Pet Grooming Clipper
If you are looking for a clipper with more strokes per minute, the Oster Pet Clippers is the right choice. It has a broader blade for easy and fast clipping that will help save your energy and time.
This tool is a heavy-duty, powerful tool with two speeds of 4,000 strokes per minute and 3,000 SPM.
One of the best features of Oster Pet Clippers is that it has a detachable A5 blade system for fast and easy blade changes.
- It has a multi-speed versatility
- With detachable A5 blade system for easy changing of blade
- Produces low sound which keeps your anxious pups calm and safe
- The tool is cryogenically tested for long-lasting performance
- The blade rattles on the clipper when in use.
6. Bousnic Dog Clippers 2-Speed Cordless
One of the best grooming kits that you can use at home, the Bousnic Dog Clippers Kit is the answer. The main concern of dog owners is the sound that the tool produces. This tends to make the dog uneasy during the grooming time.
Good thing this clipper has whisper-quiet technology with minimal vibration. The kit includes four combs with various lengths, stainless steel scissors, oil bottle, cleaning brush, a USB cable, and a comb.
- The battery is rechargeable
- A grooming kit is complete with all the needed accessories
- Accurate cut and cordless design
- You can use this both for short or straight hair
- The tool is not recommended for thick hair.
7. Ceenwes Dog Clippers
The Ceenwes Dog Clippers kit includes not just three or four additional tools. The package has eleven tools that you can use in grooming your Maltese. This only means that you don’t have to purchase them separately.
It comes with a cleaning brush, stainless steel comb, dog shears, and four comb attachments with various lengths, nail clipper kit, stainless steel scissors, and nail file.
This all in one grooming kit for your Maltese is designed to last long with ultra-quiet design and low vibration. It is cordless and lightweight, and you will not have any difficulty using it.
- Includes 11 tools needed in grooming your pet dogs
- The manufacturer offers a two-year warranty guarantee
- It produces less noise which provides comfort to your anxious pets
- Easy to use and lightweight
- For dogs with undercoat, this tool is not helpful.
8. Sminiker Professional Cordless Cat and Dog Clippers
The Sminiker Professional can provide your pet dog or cat the grooming that you want for them. It is a heavy-duty clipper and provides steady control, so your pets are safe during the trimming process. The clipper has a titanium blade that will not rust.
The tool is user-friendly and has a heavy-duty precision motor that functions quietly. Its R-shaped edge design prevents this kit from injuring your pet’s skin. With the help of the Sminiker Dog Clipper, your pet will always look good.
- Easy-to-use tool, you can use at home or commercially
- Rust-free titanium blade
- Cordless, less noise, and low vibration
- R-shaped edge design
- It is not as powerful as you expect it to be
9. OMORC Dog Clippers
The Omorc Dog Clippers is yet another famous brand of trimming tool that you can use at home. This cordless trimmer has a 12V stronger motor that can trim thick hair without the need to pull the cord. It is durable with a high-rotating speed motor that can keep the blades running longer.
No need to worry if your dog has thick hair, the Omorc Dog Clippers can handle the job. It also has an R-shaped blade to protect your pet from getting hurt.
- R-shaped blade to protect your pet from injury
- Operates silently
- Recommended for pet dogs with a thick coat
- With anti-slippery feature
- The clippers heat up.
10. Hansprou Dog Shaver Clippers
This dog clipper from Hansprou is a good buy, particularly for those who are on a tight budget. It has an acute-angle titanium blade with an adjustable ceramic blade to provide a smoother and efficient cutting to ensure safety without losing its sharpness.
You can easily get the blade off for easy cleaning. It makes the grooming process much easier and faster.
- Run continuously for 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Produces less noise and low vibration
- Easy to hold and control
- Cordless and lightweight design
- Not recommended for matted hair
What Are the Factors You Need to Consider When Buying?
Hair clippers for Maltese are readily available both online and on the traditional pet store. It is easy to pick the first clipper that you see, but the question is, is it the right tool for your pet? Some dog owners are complaining that they are having difficulty in grooming their pets. One of the reasons why they are having a hard time trimming their pet’s hair is because they bought the wrong tools.
There are factors that you need to consider when choosing the best dog clipper for your Maltese, some of which are as follows:
Some dog owners failed to pay attention to noise when the clipper is at high speed. Remember, dogs are very sensitive, and the noise it produces can scare your dogs. The sound can play a vital role in your grooming session. So, if your dog clipper produces whirly sound, expect a hard and full of the action grooming process.
If you prefer clippers with high-operation power, make sure that you choose the one that operates quietly.
Size and Weight
Weight is a vital issue, especially during the trimming process. Although it does not signify quality, it makes a big difference since it will make your trimming sessions less stressful. Using a heavier clipper can give you a hard time handling the tool and might give you sore while on the process.
Make sure that you choose the one that is not too heavy and not too light. Always remember that a lightweight clipper is not the right choice.
Choose a clipper that you can hold comfortably, especially during a longer session. Size matters a lot. The tool must fit your hand perfectly. The weight of the clippers is indicated on the package, don’t forget to check it before buying.
Ease of Maintenance
If you want your dog grooming clippers to last longer, proper maintenance should be applied. Choose a clipper that is easy to maintain. A clipper with blades that is easy to clean, lubricate, and sharpen is a good pick.
What is included in the grooming kit is very important. Your trimming session will not be complete without the various accessories included in the package. Grooming kit comes with necessary accessories like a comb, scissors and shears, extra blades, and others. If you can afford to buy the one that includes all the accessories you need.
Which is Better Cordless or Corded Dog Clippers?
A dog clipper is either corded or cordless. If you are not sure which type of clipper will fit your grooming session with your Maltese, we differentiate one from the other to help you out in deciding:
Cordless Dog Clippers
With cordless dog clippers, your movement will not be limited as you can move around freely without worrying about tripping. This type of clipper is lighter and easier to maneuver, which means better finish, particularly on tighter areas. However, most of the cordless dog clipper, the battery life usually don’t last long.
Your grooming session might get interrupted once you run out of battery. The solution, choose a cordless hair clipper with greater battery capacity. NiCad batteries cost less, but they have shorter battery life, and the charging time is longer. Lithium batteries are a bit costly but will last up to two or three hours of continuous use, and the charging time is faster.
Corded Dog Clippers
If you change your clipper’s blades regularly, it is best to choose the corded dog clippers. This dog clipper can trim any type of dog hair. Generally, corded dog clippers are recommended for matted hair dogs.
You don’t have to worry that you will run out of battery since it is connected directly to the power supply. The only downside is that your battery cord might get in your way while grooming your Maltese. You might have a hard time getting into tighter spots.
The decision is up to you if you can get both the cordless and corded dog clippers much better.
After thoroughly reviewing the ten clippers to Maltese, we think that Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers is the best pick. This clipper uses a Lithium-ion battery that usually lasts for two to three hours, so you can be assured that it will not interrupt your session.
The accessories included in the package are complete, so no need to purchase them separately. Also, the price is very reasonable that all dog owners can afford to buy. If you find this review helpful to you, feel free to share it with others. If you want to share your ideas or have questions, you can comment below.