For a dog owner finding a perfect elevated dog bed is such a difficult task. To choose the best one you may have to try different dog beds that your buddy will love to sit and sleep. An uncomfortable dog bed can be really irritating for your pet.
Some people think that humans are the only creation of God who loves to sleep in a style but it’s not true. Your pets are another creation of God who really loves to sleep in a comfort zone. The elevated dog beds are not too common as compare to the cushioned counterparts but they can provide double benefits.
Generally, these beds are equivalent to human cots. The frame is containing on 4 sturdy legs and the fabric of bed is pulled taut across its frame that will help to provide great support for the body of your dog.
The main purpose of manufacturing of this product is to provide great support as well as comfort to your dog while keeping your pet off the ground.
In this article, we are going to discuss the best elevated dog bed that you can buy for your buddy.
Best Elevated Dog Bed Reviews
1. Kuranda all Aluminum Dog Bed:
Kuranda chew-proof all aluminum is one of the best options for your dog to provide a comfortable sleep. It contains lightweight and high strength aluminum, it provides a colored aluminum frame that perfectly blends with the fabric colors of wide choices that looks really beautiful in every home. Its legs and corners are also made from aluminum.
This bed allows the fabric to easily slide inside its frame that can hide fabric’s edges to discourage the chewing. The solid vinyl of 40oz is one of the durable fabrics of Kuranda dog beds. It is really great for heavier and larger dogs.
- It is a best elevated dog bed for large breeds.
- The surface is smooth that can easily clean and it is sure to stand up for the repeated cleaning.
- It has a great orthopedic design that will allow your dog to stay cool, dry and comfortable both indoor or outdoor.
- Available with the 1 year of warranty.
2. AmazonBasics Elevated Cooling Pet Bed
It’s another best elevated dog bed that you can get on the cheapest rate. It has been made by the Amazon Basics; it is a straightforward dog bed that provides a comfortable sleeping to your pet at an affordable cost. The bed is made from a breathable mesh that will allow your dog to keep cool. If the cover gets dirty you can remove it for washing.
The bed is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. It’s light in weight that can allow you to carry it easily around your house. The Amazon Basics is the best elevated bed for a small dog.
- It can use both inside or outside the house.
- You can easily wash its cover in your washing machine.
- Provides great ventilation to your pet in hotter weather.
- It can avoid the chewing, scratching, destructive and the digging behavior of your pet and will never damage your dog’s bed.
3. Kuranda Walnut Chewproof Dog Bed:
Dogs start to chew the fabric that they find really attractive but the Kuranda Walnut PVC is not made from the material that most pets find really attractive.
However, it is made from the high-quality material that increases its comfort level as well as its durability that your dog will really love to use. It is a great elevated dog bed extra large that is perfect for the heavier and larger dogs. It can easily bear the weight of your dog without resting on the floor.
The complete hammock surface contains on a consistent mesh that will make it perfect for the large dogs that really love to sprawl out. Their legs can easily stick off conveniently while their vulnerable joints are comfortable and supported.
It can able to support the weight that is up to 100 pounds. Kuranda walnut PVC dog bed is easy to clean and helps you to keep your dog dry and clean all the time.
- Available with 1 year of warranty.
- Fabric can easily stretch from its frame’s edge to edge.
- The dog owner can clean the bed without any hurdle.
- Light in weight and can easily move from one place to another place in the house.
4. K&H Pet Products Elevated Pet Bed
It’s one of the best elevated dog bed reviews that will allow your dog to feel comfortable and cool during the summer days. The design of the cot was made by keeping in mind your doggy comfort that helps to increase airflow. It can allow your active dog to come and sit on his bed to cool down after playing an energetic game with you.
The fabric which is used at the outer side is made up from a waterproof 600 denier nylon with the help of double backing as well as double stitching that can easily support the weight f dog which is up to 150 pounds. The cot is light in weight and you can keep it anywhere where your canine companion loves to sit. It is a great option to use both indoor and outdoor.
- Contain on mesh fabric that can help to increase the flow of air.
- The outer material is contained on waterproof nylon that will help your dog to stay cool.
- The raised design of bed along with non-skid rubber feet will allow your pooch up of the floor.
- Transportable for both indoor and outdoor use.
5. Coolaroo Original Elevated Pet Bed:
It’s a classic design elevated bed for your dog that combines a unique fabric of Coolaroo knitted with a steel frame which is coated with a sturdy powder, help to increase durability as well as comfort level.
The Coolaroo knitted fabric is high in quality and can’t crack or tear easily. Its fabric is made from a material of high-density polyethylene which is UV stabilized. Dog loves to sit and sleep in this cot because it allows them to feel cool and comfortable especially in the summer season.
The design’s nature of this cot is also ideal for older dogs because of orthopedic concerns. The cot can clean whenever you want and it can easily assemble as well.
- The breathable and durable fabric will allow your dog to feel comfortable.
- Steel frames are long lasting and strong for healthier dogs.
- Available in multiple colors such as gray, Brunswick green and Terracotta.
- Can easily fold for storage or transport.
- All weather pet bed.
How to choose the best Elevated Dog Bed?
Choosing a perfect elevated dog bed can be a difficult take for the dog owner. There are several things that you need to look for choosing the best bed for your dog such as:
- First of all, you have to consider the comfort of your dog it means the size of the bed should be according to the size of your dog.
- Make sure that your dog can easily step on and off to his bed. You can choose an elevated dog bed with stairs through which your dog can easily reach to the bed to sit or sleep. So it shouldn’t be too high or too low
- Choose durable and high-quality material according to your dog’s breed. If your dog is large such as Otis then the best option will be steel because the PVC and aluminum are not strong enough for your dog.
- Consider the place where you want to place your dog’s bed. You can also select an elevated dog bed with a canopy that is also good for outdoor use.
- Choose a lightweight elevated bed that will allow you to move your dog bed where ever you want to place it.
What are the Benefits of Elevated Dog Bed?
There are several benefits that you can get from an elevated dog bed.
Provide your Dog a Comfortable Temperature:
A well-elevated bed can allow the air to circulate underneath it. So in this way your dog will never feel to cool or too hot. It is especially essential if your dog would be on the tile floor or a cold cement.
Provide a Great Support:
You will definitely don’t want to sleep on a bean bag chair all night, infect you will love to sleep in a comfort zone. Similarly, your pet will also love to sleep comfortably. That’s why elevated dog bed is the best option for your dog because it can provide great comfort along with support to your pet. It will also allow your dog to avoid Hip, joints, and other health issues. Lying on the ground can put pressure on your dog’s elbows, hips or shoulders.
The fluffy dog beds can be surprisingly or bulky which is really annoying for the dog owner who wants to move it from one place to another place. Elevated dog beds are light in weight and portable that you can easily move and keep wherever you want. Even you can pack it for transport or storage. You can also get an elevated dog bed with a ramp.
Easy to Clean:
Bulky beds are not only difficult to move to infect they are also not easy to clean. Elevated dog beds provide you a simple cleaning, no matter how messy your dog is. Your dog will feel dry and comfortable all the time
Things To Consider While Purchasing Elevated Dog Bed?
To buy a perfect elevated dog bed you have to consider some important things that are:
Off the Ground:
There is an elevated dog bed is a great option for the dogs who love to get off the floor for a better survey of his environment. These kinds of resting places look really beautiful at home. It is also helpful to keep your dog away from the cold ground.
Some dogs love to sleep in a hidden place where no one can disturb them. For these types of dog elevated dog beds with canopy is another great option. It will allow your dog to sleep in a covered bed that can also protect them from cold.
Easy to Clean:
It’s no matter what type of bed you are going to choose for your dog, we will suggest you choose a dog bed that you can easily clean. Elevated dog beds are great for this purpose. You can choose the best-elevated bed for your dog by considering its fabric that can easily washable.
The Inside Story of the Bed:
After deciding the right style, design and size of the bed you have to think about the inside story. By depending on the size and weight of your doggy you have to consider an elevated bed with high fabric that is good for your dog. You should consider a strong and high-quality fabric for the heavier dogs and for small dogs you can even sleet bit cheaper elevated bed but with a good quality chew-proof fabric. You can also get the best elevated dog bed for crate.
After reading this article you will definitely start to love with the best elevated dog bed that will provide a comfortable sleep and rest area to your dog. Once you will get this bed for your dog it will be definitely difficult for you to get any other bed for your dog. You can get a wide range of variety that your dog will love. They can also help to avoid the joints issue and pain that is very common in the dogs. Especially the elevated dog beds are considered perfect for elder dogs. So have a look at the beds that are given in this article and give a chance to your dog and its body to say thank you.
Catherine Bono is a blogger, who is passionate about dogs and cats. She created Crittersitca.com to shares her experience as she studies to become a qualified vet.