Are you tired of your dog messing around? Stealing your stuff tearing your pillows? Since dogs have a lot of energy, it is very likely that they will get bored from time to time. Soon, they will start stealing your stuff and most probably will also chew on them. Ordinary toys like balls and ropes can keep them entertained for a while but that is stretching your luck.
The above-mentioned behavior is a sign of severe boredom and freedom. Hence, providing your canine with proper toys and instruments that keep them at their toes is not only important for keeping them busy but also helps in mental and cognitive development.
The best kind of toys for this is the interactive dog toys that will keep them busy even if you are not around. They help your furry pal focus their energy in one direction that also helps in further training, however, finding the right toy is not as easy as it seems. You need to keep the mental ability of your dog, its size and energy level in mind while trying to find the correct toy. This article is all about helping you find the most perfect interactive toy for your best pal. We have also mentioned the 10 best interactive dog toys for your ease.
- 1 Top 10 Best Interactive Dog Toys
- 1.1 1. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toys Dogs:
- 1.2 2. KONG – Classic Dog Toy – Durable Natural Rubber:
- 1.3 3. Chuckit! Dog Ball Launcher:
- 1.4 4. Otterly Pets Puppy Dog Pet Rope Toys:
- 1.5 5. Chuckit! Ultra-Ball:
- 1.6 6. Outward Hound Tail Teaser Dog Flirt Pole Toy:
- 1.7 7. Benebone Maple stick Real Wood Durable Dog Stick Chew Toy:
- 1.8 8. Trixie Pet Products:
- 1.9 9. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy:
- 1.10 10. Sheraton Luxuries 3 Led Dog Balls:
- 2 How to choose the right interactive toy?
- 3 Why should you invest in an interactive toy?
- 4 What is a different type of interactive toys?
- 5 Conclusion:
Top 10 Best Interactive Dog Toys
The top 10 interactive toys for your dogs are:
1. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toys Dogs:
This interactive toy is basically a puzzle cum plush toy that makes a squeaking noise.
It comes in four different sizes and has four different animal options. You can choose the one that suits you best according to your dog’s size and mental ability. Moreover, if the squeakers get old you can always get new animal options from the supplier. The best part is, this interactive toy is not at all expensive.
2. KONG – Classic Dog Toy – Durable Natural Rubber:
This traditional classic dog toy is a fail-proof toy for all occasions.
The best part of this toy is that it is very hygienic as compared to a tennis ball or a stick. It can be cleaned and sterilized without the danger of any kind of chemical outgassing. Moreover, it also helps in cleaning the canine’s teeth.
It has a small opening at one end which can be filled with doggy treats, this aspect of the toy can be used for training which includes barking training and crate training.
3. Chuckit! Dog Ball Launcher:
This interactive dog toy is based on the basic concept of fetch which never gets old with the dogs.
This toy can be taken anywhere as it is lightweight and portable. It helps in quickly tiring your furry friend. If you don’t want to get all that saliva on your hands while playing fetch, there is no better option then this little toy. It is not only convenient for picking up but also provides the owner with comfort and control over the distance that the ball will cover.
4. Otterly Pets Puppy Dog Pet Rope Toys:
This set of 5 puppy dog pet ropes is a very convenient and easy to handle toy for bulldogs, dachshunds and border collies as well as for other dog breeds.
The colors given to the ropes are the ones that attract dogs most. Moreover, these ropes are completely safe for dogs, the dyes used, and the thread used is not toxic. These ropes are also washable so, you can keep them hygienic. Mix cotton thread is used which is ideal for cleaning teeth and gums.
5. Chuckit! Ultra-Ball:
This ball by chuckit is not your ordinary tennis ball, it is specifically created by thick, durable and resistant rubber that is not synthetic, so in case your pet dog is an aggressive chewer, you don’t have to worry about the toxicity.
The ball is not heavy and floats on the water which makes it perfect for summertime in the swimming pool. Apart from this, the ultra-ball is very easy to clean and has a high bouncing capacity which keeps the dogs on their toes. It is also compatible with the chuckit launcher.
Have you ever wondered why dogs chase their tails? It is because they are intrigued by the pointy and fluffy thing that roams around in the air. Taking that concept, outward hound has developed this toy that has been a great success with most dogs especially puppies. It is a lightweight toy that you can carry anywhere you want. It includes a nylon construction which makes it durable and sturdy. At the end of the nylon rope, there is a fluffy rattle toy that never ceases to catch a dog’s attention.
This is a very helpful toy especially when you need to tire your dog out. The best part is that it comes with a rattle toy replacement in case your pet destroys the original one in excitement.
7. Benebone Maple stick Real Wood Durable Dog Stick Chew Toy:
This is a nylon chew toy for puppies so that they can develop their chewing abilities and teeth properly with time.
The chew toy is not exactly for very aggressive chewers but for puppies, it is ideal, durable and totally safe. A part of the chew toy’s price is sent for donations to certain NGOs that help the needy animals, hence, buying this chew toy also helps you in contributing towards a good cause.
8. Trixie Pet Products:
This is basically a puzzle toy that is perfect for both puppies and adult dogs.
Each beaker is filled with treats, the dog is supposed to balance and flip the beakers until the treats fall out. You can switch, mix and match the lids. This is perfect for you if you are looking for toys for dogs that are home alone. However, this is a level 2 puzzle so, make sure you check your dog’s intellectual level before buying.
9. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy:
This is another outdoor interactive toy for puppies and large dogs.
It is 100 percent safe for your dogs and comes with a guarantee. It is dishwasher safe as well as recyclable, so when you think it is time to throw it away, it can always be recycled.
10. Sheraton Luxuries 3 Led Dog Balls:
If your dog does not show much interest in a lot of toys, trust me, this one will never cease to capture your dogs’ attention.
Unlike glow in the dark balls, your dog can play with these balls with during day time as well. The best part of this toy is that blind and old dogs can also play with it since it has sounds and vibrations added to it.
How to choose the right interactive toy?
Choosing the correct interactive toy can be a difficult task since there are literally hundreds and thousands of different pet toys on the market. However, there are a few technicalities that can help you choose the best toy for your pooch. These are:
- Consider your pet’s jaw type. Some have a very strong and large bite while others have a small mouth and a softer bite.
- The size should not be bigger than the dog’s mouth.
- Make sure the toy is market completely safe for the dog.
- Try to understand the intellectual level of your pet that will help you in finding the correct interactive toy.
Why should you invest in an interactive toy?
As mentioned earlier, interactive toys are extremely important for the mental development of the dog. Moreover, it prevents frustration and boredom. Some of the most important benefits of interactive toys are:
- It helps in keeping the dog’s mind busy, so it keeps the undesired behavior away.
- It helps dogs with anxiety and stress.
- Some dogs are fast eaters which result in choking or overeating, interactive toys also help in this kind of behavior.
- They can help dogs in sleeping properly since they tire them physically and mentally.
What is a different type of interactive toys?
Like humans, dogs come in different sizes and temperaments. Some dogs are dumb while others are very intelligent. Hence, you should provide the toys should be accordingly. Some of the most common types of interactive dog toys are:
- Chew toys: These toys are usually for puppies or aggressive chewers that require extra jaw activity in order to satisfy their needs. If you don’t provide them with chew toys they usually take the aggression out either on food or on different stuff.
- Treat toys: These interactive toys include treats. They usually require flipping, turning or pressing different parts for the treats to come out.
- Puzzle toys: these are usually for adult dogs that have reached a certain level of intellectual development. Most of the dogs are not able to solve the puzzles.
Giving your pet a number of different interactive toys to mess around with all day long is a great idea. It will not only make your life 100 times easier but will also help in shaping your dogs thinking ability. As mentioned earlier, there are a large number of different interactive toys on the market. However, we have narrowed down our list to 10 best interactive toys for dogs.
Among the above-mentioned toys, the LED dog balls are the best as they can be used by all kinds of dogs. Also, these balls cover all aspects of gaining the dog’s attention. From sounds to vibrations to different colored lights, everything comes pre-installed and these balls are completely dog-safe.