The Pomeranian, also known as the Pom, is a toy breed that is often praised for its fluffy and usually straight coat. The Pomeranian sheds a lot due to its double-coated fur. They are also highly susceptible to tangles, mats, and the like. Therefore, a steady grooming routine is important if you want to raise your Pomeranian well.
One such way is to buy quality clippers for Pomeranians. Dog clippers for Pomeranians need to have the following, though:
- Powerful speed. Look for the SPM or strokes per minute of the dog clipper. A higher speed is good but having 2 speeds is also better. This is because if your dog gets scared of loud noises, you can just turn it to a lower speed. You can use the higher speed for when your Pomeranian is heavily matted or hasn’t been trimmed in a long time.
- Snag-free blades. Having snag-free blades can help save the double-coated nature of your Pomeranian since they are toy dogs that need a lot of care when shaving or trimming.
- Low noise levels. Most Pomeranians also do get scared of loud noises so it helps if the motor is lower than 50 or 60 dB on its loudest setting. It can also help a lot if the unit is low on vibration to prevent user fatigue.
- Ideal for sensitive areas. The Pomeranian is a small dog so it needs to have clippers that are small enough for sensitive parts, such as the face.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers For Pomeranians Reviews
- 1. Andis Excel Pro-Animal 5-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
- 2. Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clip
- 3. Oster Golden A5 Two-Speed Animal Grooming Clippers
- 4. Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers
- 5. Bousnic Cordless Pet Hair Grooming Clippers
- 6. ENJOY PET Dog Clippers Shaver
- 7. YIDON Dog Clippers Low Noise Cordless Clipper
Best Dog Grooming Clippers For Pomeranians Reviews
Here are our top picks for clippers for Pomeranians:
1. Andis Excel Pro-Animal 5-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
This clipper is our best pick for Pomeranians because of its multiple speed, which can work with different needs of haircuts for your dog.
It features 5 speeds, so your dog doesn’t need to worry about loud noise levels and you can even use the faster speeds for extremely matted or long hair/coat. Since the blades are detachable, you can also insert any kind of blade to trim your Pomeranian’s coat precisely.
The housing is equipped with a contoured fit and an anti-slip grip to help you handle it without having to worry about sweaty hands. It already includes the #10 blade that is ceramic and runs cool so there’s less likelihood of overheating that much. It can be ideal for thick coats due to the heavy-duty motor.
We also liked the fact that you can use the lower speeds for the sensitive areas of your Pomeranian, such as their face, and paws.
It also comes with a free brush and blade oil to maintain your clipper blades. Plus, the on/off switch is at the side to prevent accidentally triggering it.
- Up to 5 speeds are available
- Can be used on sensitive areas
- Has an anti-slip grip and contoured fit
- The ceramic blade runs cool
- Comes with a free cleaning brush and blade oil
- The instructions could be better
2. Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clip
This one has up to 7,200 SPM so it can be ideal for Pomeranians that haven’t been trimmed for a long time. It also features a special U-clip that can be used for the face and other parts of your dog that are difficult to trim with a regular clipper. It also doesn’t make a lot of noise or heat due to its constant speed.
With its #30-15-10 blade, it allows you to play with the blade size depending on your preferences for your dog’s haircut. It weighs 1 lb. so it can be just right for its weight for a corded unit. There are also other tools included with the kit, such as scissors and a comb for trimming, as well as guide combs for getting the right length (color-coded).
An instructional DVD is also included with the set to help you use your clipper even if you haven’t trimmed your dog before. It also comes with blade oil and a brush cleaner to help maintain your clipper blade. It is backed by a 2-year limited warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Powerful speed
- Switchable blade
- Color-coded guide combs
- Corded for unlimited power
- Includes trimming scissors
- Not that portable
3. Oster Golden A5 Two-Speed Animal Grooming Clippers
This clipper can work well for your Pomeranian due to the dual speed system. You can use the low speed (2,100 SPM) for when your dog is afraid of noises and you only need slight touch-ups. You can also use the speed of 2,700 SPM for a faster way of clipping your Pomeranian when they have long hair/coat.
It is also compatible with various detachable blades that fit the Oster A5. The unit comes with the 10 CryogenX blades, which you can detach anytime and anywhere. Since it has chew proof-housing, it can deter your dog from messing with it, and it can also keep the motor intact even if you accidentally drop it on the floor.
If your dog has a thick coat, you can use it just fine and it doesn’t run as loud as other units. With a 12-foot cord, it can be easy to maneuver while you are grooming your dog. The detachable blade system also allows you to clean the blade after each use. It is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- Detachable blade system
- Dual speed motor
- Compatible with various blades
- Chew-proof housing
- 1-year warranty
- Doesn’t come with a case
4. Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers
For Pomeranians, this dog clipper uses a lithium-ion battery, which has no memory effect. This also allows your battery to last longer. The clipper also includes 4 different comb guides that you can attach to your clipper for a cleaner cut – 3 mm, 6, mm, 9 mm, and 12 mm. It also includes other grooming accessories such as a scissor and a comb in case your dog is heavily matted.
We also like the fact that there are low vibration and a noise level that is below 50 dB so your dog won’t get startled – best clipper for anxious Pomeranians. There is a charging indicator light that you can check whether it is fully charged or not.
Adjusting the blade is also easy – just use the twist knob in the middle to adjust it. The run time is up to 80 minutes on a single charge and since it is cordless and rechargeable, it can be ideal for travel use.
- The blade is adjustable
- The noise level is low
- Comes with 4 different guide combs
- Includes a scissor and a comb
- Uses a lithium-ion battery
- Not waterproof
5. Bousnic Cordless Pet Hair Grooming Clippers
This dog clipper can work well for Pomeranians due to the fact that it has low noise, which can help not to startle your dog. It has 2 speeds to choose from so that you can work on different Pomeranian hairstyles. It is also easy to charge using a USB cable so you can take it with you while traveling.
The clipper comes with an oil bottle for oiling your blades properly to prevent jamming and snagging. It uses a 2200mAh Li-ion battery that can last for a long time and has no memory effect. Since it uses ceramic blades at the bottom, it can prevent overheating when you use it for hours.
The low speed runs at 6,000 RPM while the higher speed is at 7,000 RPM. This allows you to run the dog clippers with less power during touch-ups to avoid hurting or injuring your dog while clipping (especially for beginners). Its blade can be adjusted from 1.0 mm to 1.9 mm to suit your needs for your Pomeranian.
- 2 speeds to choose from
- Comes with blade oil for maintenance
- The blades are adjustable
- USB cable charging
- Uses lithium-ion for its battery
- The comb may be tricky to fit
6. ENJOY PET Dog Clippers Shaver
As a shaver for Pomeranians, this one uses a 2000mAh Li-battery that can last for up to 7 hours for a full charge. This means that you can work with your dog’s grooming session without a lot of hassle in charging it. Since it has a power of up to 9,000 SPM, it can be used even for dogs with mats, such as the Pomeranian.
Its sharp blade has 33 teeth in total so it can work well with furry and thick-coated dogs. The noise levels are also low at only 50 to 60 dB at maximum so as not to disturb or make your dog panic during trimming. It also has detachable blades so that you can pick the appropriate blade for your Pomeranian’s set look.
There is an included stainless steel sharp scissor with each pack so that you can groom your dog precisely and get rid of mats and tangles beforehand. Also, there are free guide combs so you can cut your dog’s coat length at the right level without the need for measuring.
- The powerful lithium-ion battery that can last up to 7 hours
- Low noise levels from 50 to 60 dB
- Includes scissors and a comb for grooming
- 33-teeth sharp blade
- Comes with comb attachments
- Doesn’t come with a universal charger adaptor
7. YIDON Dog Clippers Low Noise Cordless Clipper
We think that this may be just fine for your Pomeranian due to its low noise motor which will not scare them away (only up to 50 dB). It also has titanium and ceramic blades to avoid corrosion and also to keep it cool during operation. It also works either corded or cordless so you can enjoy both unlimited power and travel-friendly grooming with just one unit.
The kit includes other tools, such as scissors and a comb for easy de-tangling. There are 4 different guide combs for precise cutting when you are using the trimmer. The blade can be adjusted for up to 5 levels for your convenience so you can trim precisely even without the guide combs.
Each full charge can last up to 3 hours so it can be ideal for home use. It also has freebies such as a nail clipper kit and a nail file to complete your Pomeranian’s grooming session kit. The blades are also snag-free for Pomeranians that are often prone to tangles.
- Low on its noise levels
- Uses ceramic blades to keep it cool
- Includes several grooming tools
- Can be used corded or cordless
- Has an adjustable blade for up to 5 levels
- May take a bit longer to charge
To wrap it up, we chose the Andis Excel Pro-Animal Clipper 65360 as the best clippers for Pomeranians because it has up to 5 speeds are available and it can be used on sensitive areas for those who want detail trimming for their pet. It even has an anti-slip grip and contoured fit to prevent user fatigue or for those with sweaty hands.
There’s also less likelihood of overheating since the ceramic blade runs cool. It even comes with a free cleaning brush and blade oil. While the only con is that it doesn’t come with clearer instructions, it is a small con and you can just look it up online.
Not only do clippers save you a lot on having to get your dog to a grooming salon, but it can also help you to bond with your dog more often as you groom your Pomeranian at home, especially with the common Teddy Bear cut and others. This is why we picked a clipper for Pomeranian that is easy to learn and does the job properly.
We also chose other clippers that are powerful enough yet gentle on its noise levels so that your Pomeranian won’t get scared of the motor noise.
However, we also chose those with multiple speeds so that you can work on your dog’s coat quickly.