For the Dog owners, it can be really a difficult task to find a perfect and best dog house for cold weather. They may need to try several models to pick the right one for their doggy. An uncomfortable dog house can be really become a cause of health issues for your buddy. So be careful while choosing a house for your dog especially in cold weather.
The best place to make your dog comfortable during the winter season is inside your house but in some cases, it is not possible for you. Providing your dog a comfortable and warm house will help him/her to stay secure and comfortable during the season.
Don’t make a mistake of thinking that every dog house is the same and made from the same material or its only purpose is to provide shelter to your pooch. It’s not all about shelter; it is about the protection and health of your dog. Here we have done the research and going to tell you about some popular and high-quality dog houses that you can get for your pet.
Top 5 Best Dog House for Cold Weather Reviews:
1. ASL Solutions DP Hunter Dog House with Floor Heater
To begin with, DP hunter is a perfect dog house for cold weather. This house contains a feature of EPS foam insulation in the ceiling panels and walls. It also has a self-closing door that can provide great protection against various elements. The lower panel of the door has a window that will allow your dog to look outside while taking rest in the house.
But that’s not all, During the winter season, the self-storing panels of a window can easily reposition from the closed position, and in the summer season to a cross-ventilated position. You don’t need any special tools and extra effort to do so.
The floor of the dog house is above 4 inches from the ground that help to provide a dry and warm bedding area to your buddy. It has an attractive design that can provide beauty to your outdoor area while keeping your dog safe, comfortable, warm and clean. It is good for small breeds.
- A self-closing door that provides protection
- Door window that allows your dog to look outside while sitting inside a dog house
- Provide UV protection
- The window’s panels can be easily adjustable.
- Has a drainage hole
- Lightweight that you can easily move from one place to another place
- Easy to maintain and clean as well
2. Indigo W Dog House with Microban:
It’s a beautiful Igloo shaped house for dogs that comes with coordinating door and a dog pad that helps to keep the house warm completely. It is good for both small and large breeds. The dog pad inside the house is water repellent that will allow your dog to stay dry while snows or rains. Its designs are also beautiful and durable that can add beauty to your outdoor area.
The Indigo W dog house has a feature of Microban, it’s a material that fights against the growth of microbes like mildew, mold, and Bacteria of odor-causing. It is also great to fight against the stains that can develop over time.
What’s more, You can get this house in different sizes such as medium, large or extra large. You can choose according to the needs and size of your pooch. It can bear the dog size from 25 pounds to more than 125 pounds. It’s such a large dog house for cold weather.
- The design of the house is stylish and functional
- Microban Technology made it waterproof and also protect it from any kind of bacteria or mold.
- The doorway is extended that provide space and protection to your dog
- Has top ventilation for the air circulation
- You can easily keep it clean and maintain for long term
3. Dog Palace Large House for your Dog:
Dog palace large house for your dog is a perfect consideration when you are planning to buy a shelter for your pooch. It is designed after keeping the protection and health of your pet in mind. Your dog will get a roomy feel inside and you will find a stylish look outside.
It’s a great plastic dog house that you can easily assemble. The insulation is the recycled foam of EPS that put in panels at 2 inches to 4 inches thick. The door in front of the house will allow your dog easy access and they will feel really comfortable inside it. Even the floor and door of the house are insulated with real foam. It will help your dog warm and comfortable throughout the cold weather.
ASL solutions designed this house especially for the medium and large breeds. There is also a window in the house. The owner can easily remove the panes. You can close them during the cold weather and can open them during the warmer months of a year.
- Made from a high-quality plastic material which is long lasting and durable
- Half of its door is detachable
- Has a built-in cable organizer
- For the heating pad chord, it has a hole
4. Confidence Pet Waterproof Plastic House for Dog:
Confidence Pet Waterproof Plastic Dog house is made from molded plastic which is high quality and durable to the elements that withstand wearing. It’s a great outdoor dog house for cold weather that will allow your buddy to move around and sleep comfortably.
It’s a design of all weathers that can easily assemble. Its entrance is big enough that allows large breeds to come in and out without any hurdle.
The measurement of the extra large dog house is 41.3 x 38 x 38.7 inches and the measurement of the entrance is 14.1 x 24.6 inches which is best for the adult German Shepherd.
- The dog owner can easily and quickly assemble the house
- The design is beautiful that can increase your home décor
- Very strong and protective for your dog
- Can get in three different sizes
- Design is waterproof that will protect your buddy from the outdoor elements.
5. Climate Master Plus Insulated House for Dog:
Climate Master Plus Insulated house is designed for the dogs of large breeds whose weight is more than 100 lbs.
This dog house contains on the technology of laminated engineered panel, true foam insulation’s thick layer and a roof system that can easily remove. It has a great all-weather dog door for the protection of superior draft as well as for protection from extreme weather.
Or even better, it has a great double pane which is more energy efficient. It will also retain heat in the winter season and block the heat in the summer season.
But that’s not all, it's made from high-quality material that is durable and long lasting. It is good for all weather that will provide a comfortable environment for your dog.
- Contain on a wrap resistant design
- It has a great frame of powder coated aluminum
- The roof panels can easily remove
How to choose the Right Dog House?
There are several things that you need to keep in mind while choosing a perfect dog house for cold weather. It is one of the best dog houses for cold weather reviews that will provide you some useful tips to choose the right one for your pet.
- First of all, you have to measure the size of your dog and then take any decision. You need to know about your dog’s dimensions. It will help you to choose the perfect dog house that will provide a proper room for your dog to stand.
- The dog house that you are going to choose must be higher at least 25 percent then the standing height of your dog. For instance, if the standing height of your dog is 30 inches then the house should be 38 inches.
- The dog house door height should be 75% higher than the height of your dog’s shoulder. It will allow your dog to comfortably come in and out of the house. For instance, if the height of your dog is 20 inches then the door should be 15 inches higher then his/her height.
- The dog house should be anticipated for both summer and winter season. Look for a doghouse that will provide a warm environment to your pet in cold weather and great ventilation in warm weather.
- You have to select a durable and safe material for your buddy. You can get a dog house in different materials according to your needs such as in wood, plastic or metal as well. Don chooses a material that contains sharp edges because it can be harmful to your buddy.
- Before purchasing a house for your dog you need to make sure about heat resistant, rain, cold as well as the other verities of weather.
- Decide the location of the dog house where you want to place it. It is recommended to place this house in the fenced location so that your pet will not be able to run away. You should choose an area to place this house where you can easily access it at any time.
What are the Advantages of Dog House?
Having a dog house in the winter season will provide a lot of advantages to you and your pet as well. Some of these advantages are:
Keep your dog Dry:
If in cold weather your dog will get wet he can dangerously as well as seriously chilled. That’s why it is very important for you to make sure that any house that you are purchasing for your dog has great, high quality and a solid roof that will never leak in any weather. An Insulated dog house will never allow the water to come inside the house of your pet. It will help to keep your dog dry during rain or snow
Block Wind in Cold Weather:
A solid and high quality insulate dog house can easily block the cool blowing winds. A good dog house will never contain large gaps that will allow your dog to completely avoid the winds to blow in the door.
Allow your Dog to Come in and Out Easily:
While using the best-insulated dog house for cold weather, your dog will definitely start to feel more comfortable. Because they have large doors that will allow your dog to easily come in and out whenever they want. For this, you also need to measure the size of your dog very carefully.
Provide your Dog a Spare Room:
Sometimes the pet may also want to feel comfortable in their private place. For the dog owners, it may not possible to provide spare room to tier dogs, especially in the winter season. So, in this case, an insulated dog house will provide your pet with a spare room a lay comfortably and feel relax as well inside his personal space.
Things to consider for Cold Weather Dog House:
There are some additional things that you can consider while using a dog house in cold weather:
- You can consider investing for a dog house heater. It’s a small device that you can mount on the wall of your dog’s house. It will work in the same way as a heater in your home. These are specially made for the dog houses.
- Increase your dog’s house elevation without limiting its accessibility. Also, you have to place it away from the area where water is running.
- Some dog houses are specifically used for the winter season, but we will recommend you to consider a dog house for hot and cold weather. It can provide a warm environment for your dog in winter and high ventilation in the summer season.
High quality insulated dog will be a long lasting and durable enough. It will not only provide a warm room to your dog in cold weather but can also allow your pet to feel free and comfortable. It is the best choice for dog lovers who really want to give their dogs everything that will make them relax and happy.
So, if you are going to buy your first dog house, this article will definitely help you to make the right selection. After reading this you are able to buy the best dog house for cold weather.
Catherine Bono is a blogger, who is passionate about dogs and cats. She created Crittersitca.com to shares her experience as she studies to become a qualified vet.