How annoyed would you be with tangled hair all the time? Now imagine how annoyed your cat must be with all those mats in her fur! Matted fur can be a real pain to get rid of. You have to be extra careful as you might hurt your cat or cut her. The worst part is that the tangles only get bigger with time. The best thing to do is to get rid of them as soon as they appear.
How to do so? Well, with some of the best clippers for cats with mats, you can easily get rid of all matted fur. Most of these clippers are heavy duty and so allow you to easily handle thick or matted fur. They offer you professional results that your cat can easily and confidently flaunt.
However, finding the best product for your cat might be time-consuming and frustrating. You might end up finding the perfect product only to find out the charge does not last long enough to shave all three of your cats.
Not to worry! We’ve come to your rescue! After careful and thorough research, we have compiled our list of top 5 best clippers for cats with mats.
Check them out below:
- How to Choose Best Clippers for Cats with Mats?
- Best Clippers for Cats with Mats Reviews:
- 1. Oneisall Electric Animal Pet Dog Cat Hair Trimmer Shaver Razor Grooming Quiet Clipper:
- 2. Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clipper:
- 3. Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series 9590-210:
- 4. Oster Professional Turbo A5 Heavy Duty Animal Grooming Clippers:
- 5. Kiizon Grooming Clippers 3-Speed Professional Rechargeable Cordless Electric Pet Clippers:
- Can You Shave A Cat With Human Clipper?
- How to Remove Matted Fur?
How to Choose Best Clippers for Cats with Mats?
With so many clippers in the market, how do you choose the best one for your cat? Well, our buying guide may help you out in narrowing down your choices and possibly finding a product that hits the bull’s eye. Here’s what you should look out for when buying the best clippers for cats with mats:
Corded or Cordless:
The first choice you should make is between corded and cordless. While corded versions offer more power, the cordless versions are more flexible. If your cat’s fur is too matted or thick, then we recommend you go with the corded version. However, if you’re looking for a more portable clipper that is easy to handle, then go for the cordless version. Also, if you’re looking for a longer trimming session, you can easily plug in the cordless to allow it to run for an endless amount of time!
An important factor to consider is battery life. If you’re using cordless clippers, then you should find out how long they will last and how long it will take to recharge them. We recommend looking for clippers that last for an hour at least. The charging time should be no more than an hour as well.
Next, you should consider if the unit is noiseless or not. Noisy units can be very hard to handle as they might spook your pet out. Your cat might not be too eager to get groomed. So, we recommend going for units that are noiseless and vibration free.
If the blades on the clipper get heated up too easily, you might want to refrain from buying those clippers. Cats have sensitive skin which can get easily burned. So, to avoid burns, we recommend going for a precise motor unit that does not heat up.
You should not only consider your cat’s comfort but your own as well. Since you will be holding the clipper for a long time, you should ensure that it does not strain your hands. Go for a pair that allows an easy, comfortable grip. Furthermore, check if the handle heats up when the trimmer runs for a long time. If it heats up too much, you might not be able to hold it.
Cats’ hair has different densities at different parts of the body. For example, it might be thicker near the neck and the back while the sections at the belly might be thinner. So, you might need a clipper that works at different speeds. You can use the higher speed for the thicker parts and the lower speeds for the less dense parts of the body.
Best Clippers for Cats with Mats Reviews:
1. Oneisall Electric Animal Pet Dog Cat Hair Trimmer Shaver Razor Grooming Quiet Clipper:
If you’re looking for a quiet cat grooming clipper, then perhaps the BaoRun Shaver Clipper can serve you the best.
These cordless clippers run on a Li-ion battery that lasts a long time and grants you with added flexibility. This way, you’ll find it easier to shave your cats without having to work around the long cord.
Furthermore, the Oneisall includes two sharp blades, a fixed stainless steel one as well as a ceramic mobile one. These blades work together to deliver the easiest cuts for your cats. What’s more, you can easily detach the blades for more convenient cleaning.
Moreover, the Clippers boast of a quiet, cool and low vibration design to help your cats feel more relaxed when getting a cut.
The clippers come with an adjustable comb to allow clipping and trimming hair to the precise inch. All in all, the Oneisall cat hair clipper makes shaving cats with matted hair as easy as ABC.
- Cordless and flexible operation.
- Sharp and safe blade design.
- Easy to clean detachable blades.
- Comes with combs and comb guards.
- No low battery indication.
- No carrying case.
2. Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clipper:
The Wahl Professional Animal Clipper is perhaps one of the most durable and powerful cat clipper for long-haired cats.
We liked that It comes with a 5-in-one blade that allows you to deal with thick and matted fur easily. The blade offers you a variety of ways to cut your cat’s hair at different lengths. You’ll find that the clippers run for a long time, about 90 minutes due to the Li-ion battery.
The best part is that you can easily recharge it within 60 minutes. The noiseless and vibration free operation ensures that your cat does not get stressed out, allowing for a relaxed experience for both you and the cat. Furthermore, the Wahl Clippers are lightweight and cordless. This makes for easier maneuverability.
Furthermore, the Clippers remain cool so you can easily groom your cat in one go without worrying about burns. It comes with a storage case as well which allows you to easily carry it around.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Comes with a versatile blade.
- Easy to maneuver and use.
- Long battery life.
- Quiet, cool and vibration free operation.
- Ideal for thick matted cat fur.
- Power button in a location where you might accidentally press it.
- Blades need to be cleaned often.
3. Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series 9590-210:
When talking about premium quality clippers, who can forget the Whal Home Pet Pro-Series Kit? We’ve found the kit to be quite versatile as you can easily cut and trim all kinds of coats including double coats.
The Wahl clippers allow you to perform complete trims or regular touchups here and there for your cat.
The 9590-210 is cordless and uses a Ni-MH battery to power itself. You’ll be surprised to know that the battery lasts for 45 minutes while the charging time is 45 minutes as well. You can easily complete a grooming session without the battery running out.
Apart from that, the ergonomic grip makes it convenient for you to spend an hour or two on the grooming process without straining your hand.
Furthermore, the Wahl 9590-210 includes High carbon self-sharpening blades that will last a long time and ensure the sleekest of cuts.
Lastly, the power drive motor ensures that you can groom the thickest of cat fur.
- Long charging time.
- Easy Maneuverability.
- Suitable for all kinds of coats.
- Ergonomic grip to allow long trimming sessions.
- Includes self-sharpening blades
- It can get too hot in a short amount of time.
4. Oster Professional Turbo A5 Heavy Duty Animal Grooming Clippers:
Shaving a cat has never been easier with the Oster Professional Turbo A5 Clipper.
This heavy-duty clipper from Oster is perfect for Persian cats. They use a precise motor that allows you to cut through the thickest of hair like a hot knife through butter.
This clipper is incredibly lightweight. This makes it easier for you to trim your cats and helps reduce strain and fatigue. Furthermore, the clippers feature a cool and heatless operation so your cat won’t face any burns while getting groomed.
Also included are 3-speed settings that grant you versatility as well as professional touch. What this means is that you can target several different parts of the body with just a single pair of clippers.
The best part is that the Oster Clippers include vibration isolators that absorb all the noise and vibration. This makes it easier for you to groom your cats in a more relaxed environment.
- Lightweight and ergonomic grip to reduce hand fatigue.
- Cool, quiet and low vibration design.
- Cuts through thick or matted fur easily.
- 3-speed settings for versatility.
- Comes with detachable blades.
- Does not come with attachments.
- The handle can get uncomfortably warm.
5. Kiizon Grooming Clippers 3-Speed Professional Rechargeable Cordless Electric Pet Clippers:
The Kiizon clippers are yet another set of heavy duty clippers perfect for Ragdoll cats.
The clippers come with 3 speeds which allows you to cater to different needs of all your cats. This makes it easier to cut and trim hair from different parts of the cat’s body.
The cordless clipper comes with a powerful Li-ion battery that recharges within 3 hours and works for about 4 hours. This allows you to use them for extended periods of time so you can easily trim more than one cat at a time.
Also included with the Kiizon Clippers is an LED screen that allows you to note the remaining battery power as well as the speed of the clippers. This makes it easier for you to cut your cat’s hair.
Moreover, this pet clipper includes a precision motor that helps you reduce vibrations and ensure quiet operation. Also included are 5 adjustable blades that allow you to cut your cat’s hair at different lengths.
- Long battery life.
- LED Screen for notifications.
- Reduced noise and vibration.
- Includes 5 adjustable blades.
- The 3-speed setting for versatile trim.
- The power button location is too easily accessible and can be accidentally hit.
- Not very ergonomic.
Can You Shave A Cat With Human Clipper?
While there has been a lot of debate over using human clippers to shave a cat, the answer still remains quite vague. However, most experts agree that you can use human clippers in a few cases.
Since cats are blessed with a ton of fur, it is usually divided into two layers. One is the surface coat called the top coat while the one below that is called the undercoat. The undercoat tends to be the real problem here. If your cat has an undercoat, then human clippers will not work for it. However, if your cat has smaller hair, you might be able to use human clippers easily.
However, there are a couple of disadvantages of using human clippers, some of which are as follows:
- Heat: Most human clippers tend to get hot easily, especially if they use ceramic blades. Humans might be able to easily withstand a small amount of heat. However, for cats who have sensitive skin, the heat can easily burn them. So, it is much better to go for pet clippers that offer cool operation.
- Noise and Vibration: Another common problem with most human clippers is vibration and noise. While humans might not be bothered by it too much, it can stress or freak out your cat. If your cat is spooked out, you might have trouble trimming it. Thus, we recommend you go for noise-free and low vibration clippers.
- Plastic Guards: Human clippers use plastic guards to allow them to cut longer hair. However, a cat’s hair might snag in them.
How to Remove Matted Fur?
Mats can often occur in long-haired cats due to infrequent grooming or brushing. You should brush your cat daily to prevent any mats. It will help you save time in the long run and will save your kitty from tortured hair. Furthermore, brushing your kitty might help you bond with it better.
If the mats are small and few, then simply brushing them out will do. However, for larger mats, we recommend that you shave your cat. You can either ask a veterinarian or a professional groomer to do this for you. However, with a pair of professional cat clippers, you can easily do so at home. However, we recommend being very careful as you can injure your cat’s skin or stress them out.
Try to brush the hair out as much as you can. Then you should take a couple of shears and cut out all the mats you can see. Try to get the hair as small as you can. Then put a comb into the shaver and start shaving your cat. Start at the head and slowly go towards the back. Be careful when shaving near her eyes and mouth. Also, careful around the toes.
All in all, removing the thickest of mats from your cat’s hair is possible with any of our top cat clippers. However, one clipper stands out head and shoulders above others. Yes, you guessed it! The Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clipper is the best clipper for cats with mats.
The clipper is perfect for cat owners as it provides you with noise, vibration and heat-free operation. The versatile product allows you to cut your cat’s hair at any number of lengths. This maneuverable unit is lightweight and portable as well.
So, are you ready to give your cat a mat-free life with the Wahl Bravura Lithium Clipper?