One of the most beautiful times of our lives are the ones we enjoy with our dog. Playing at home or going on trips. Dogs prove to be the best companion one can have.
Ever went on a long drive with a dog? Well now that’s a bit of a challenge as your dog can be quite uncomfortable in the car and of course not to mention all the cleaning you would have to do after your furry friend shed all the hairs around, well you know what I’m talking about.
But to add those beautiful tours to your dog’s memory it is a good idea to go for a dog car seat as that will make a comfortable place for your dog and allow him to have a look out the window and enjoy as you drive your car past the beautiful sceneries.
Additionally, you don’t have to worry about the mess it can create in the car and thus, you enjoy the trip to the fullest.
Loving your dog the most you might be thinking that you will go for the best dog car seat available in the market but the fact is deciding what’s the best is a challenge itself. We, as always have come up to the rescue bringing you the dog car seat reviews to make your decision easier and better. Hope this will help you find the best dog car seat.
Important things to consider before choosing the best dog car seat cover
There are certain things you should consider before you start searching for the dog car seat, the first one being the size and weight of the dog. Different types of dogs go along in different seats. Some seats are prepared to carry small fragile dogs while others are designed keeping large dogs in mind.
This means that you might end up finding one as the best dog car seat for Chihuahua and a different one proving itself to be the best dog car seat for Shish Tzu. The other thing to keep in mind is where you want to use it, the front seat or the back seat.
8 Best Dog Car Seat Reviews
1. FidoRido Dog Car Seat
FidoRido is a pet car seat that has many of the features you need to have in your dog car seat. Beginning with the material used in the pet car seat is the ease of its usage, you might find it a lot useful and easy to handle. FidoRido dog car seat has a base made of durable plastic and comfortable cushions in it for your dog.
This dog seat is built with a safety need in mind as it uses a dual strap system for safety purposes which minimizes the sudden shocks of brakes of the vehicle and makes traveling safe and comfortable for your little friend.
Furthermore, to the advantage, this seat is very easy to install as it is installed using the usual seat belts and not any complicated tools.
- Available in three sizes, small harness, medium harness whose dimensions are 23 x 18.5 x 10 inches and a large harness.
- Weighs approximately 9 pounds
- It is available in 6 colors
- It has a 5-year warranty which can be extended to 7 years by registration of the product.
- The quality of the product is very good.
- Easy to attach and easy to clean.
- The design of the product does not perfectly lodge the slant in the back seat.
2. HDP Car DELUXE Lookout Booster Car Seat
HDP Booster car seat is a quick and inexpensive solution to have your dog travel with you in the car. It is kind of a hanging seat that you can easily attach to your car seat.
The seat contains a safety strap which can be attached to the harness or the pet collar, other than that the seat has a hard padded bottom and is capable of being folded to a size of about 2.5 inches which makes this dog car seat compact and easy to store.
It also has a metal frame that is built to prevent the seat from collapsing
- The product weighs around 3 pounds.
- It is available in 4 colors being red, blue, pink and black.
- It has extra pockets to store pet supplies.
- Easy to attach and take off.
- Easy to clean the material.
- The strap breaks off easily which makes it pretty unsafe for the dogs.
- The seat is capable of twisting and collapsing especially if your puppy is not trained to sit in something like this.
3. WOpet Pet Booster Seat
WOpet booster seat is yet another car seat that is easy to install and is a good adjust to several different models of cars, SUVs, and vans.
This is seat can serve as a particularly enjoyable and wonderful traveling experience for the pets weighing less than 20 pounds as it allows the dog to look out of the window while traveling.
The material used in the making of this seat is oxford cloth which prevents your car seat from getting all the dirt and mud that comes along with the dog and also it prevents your seat from pet hair and water.
The seat consists of zipper storages in the front which is always a perk as you can store toys and other useful stuff while traveling.
All and all it’s a good choice if you have a small dog and all you need is to have a safe and comfortable ride for your dog, also if your dog is not the one who keeps on jumping because if that’s the case then this seat might not work for you.
- The product weighs around 1.5 pounds.
- The dimensions of the seat are 16 x 12.6 9.6 inches.
- It is available in gray color.
- Easy to install and easy to clean.
- It can be folded to accommodate easily when not in use.
- This car seat is reported to be flimsy by some of the users as the front rod collapses easily.
4. URPOWER Pet Seat Cover
This pet seat cover has four layers that ensure the comfort of your dog as well as your car. The layers being durable oxford cloth, a layer of grade PP cotton to make the cover more comfortable, sturdy polyester and PVC net which is slip-proof to make the cover stay on the seat steadily and give your pet a pleasurable time traveling.
Other than that this seat cover is claimed to be completely water-proof and of very good quality while guaranteeing a safe and comfortable traveling experience for your dog. It has a reinforced four-fold design that can be folded and adjusted to your car seat easily and efficiently. All of these qualities add up to make this the best dog car seat hammock.
- Its dimensions are 58 x 54 x 0.2 inches.
- It weighs as light as 8 pounds.
- This seat cover is water-proof.
- Easy to install and easy to clean.
- Not only save your car seat with pet hair but also the floor in the back.
- This seat cover is reported to tear off pretty easily by the customers.
5. Kurgo Skybox Car Booster Seat
This seat is a nice choice for your little pup that weighs less than 30 pounds and loves to enjoy a view out the window, although it is suggested to use it for the dogs weighing 20 pounds or less as the dogs weighing around 30 pounds usually have a larger body.
It hangs from the seat and has a double layer of fabric in the interior. The seat is sturdy and secure for the little pups and can accommodate the dog quite nicely and contentedly.
It has an exterior that is water-proof and also has zippers to store the useful stuff. The liners of the seat are removable which makes it easy to clean as you can wash it effortlessly.
- Its dimensions are 12 x 16 x 8 inches
- The seat weighs around 4 pounds.
- It is available in 6 different colors with slight variations in styles and uses.
- It is water-proof.
- Easy to install.
- The biggest pros is that this product comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The clip that connects to the dog collar is not safe for your dog.
6. PetSafe Solvit Pet Safety Seat
PetSafe safety seat is a spacious and comfortable seat for your dog and it elevates the dog 9 inches above the car seat so it can have a nice and clear view of the outside.
It can carry a dog weighing up to 30 lbs. The seat is sturdy and safe and it attaches to the car’s seat belt to provide extra security to your lovely friend and make its tour a pleasurable one.
The seat is easy to clean as the liners are removable and washable which keeps your dog car seat clean and fresh. Safety tether attached is tested as high as up to 2,000 lbs which makes this seat a very safe choice for your puppy.
- The dimensions of the product are 22 x 17 x17 inches.
- The seat weighs approximately 7 pounds.
- It is available in two styles namely Deluxe and Standard.
- It has a washable cover.
- It has a large size.
- Pretty sturdy for any kind of dog that can fit in.
- It’s a bit difficult to assemble.
- There is near to no padding in the walls of the seat.
7. Snoozer Lookout Car Seat
Snoozer lookout car seat is tremendously comfortable seat which in foam form and has interior lamb wool which makes the best comfortable sitting for your little fragile pup.
The product comes in different types of fabric options so you can choose the best fit for your dog considering the price and your dog’s requirements.
The cover of the seat is quilted nylon which repels hair and is removable so it could be washed, cleaned and dried easily. The seat also has a Sherpa lining which makes the seat cool for your dog in summers and warm in the winters.
The small size of this car seat can serve as the best dog car seat for Chihuahua and the medium one can be the best dog car seat for Shih Tzu.
- The dog seat is available in two sizes small (19 x 17 x 15 inches) and medium (19 x 22 x 17 inches)
- The dog seats weigh 4.2 pounds and 5.4 pounds respectively.
- It is available in 7 different colors.
- The seat is very comfortable and allows the dogs to have a view out the window.
- It is easy to clean as the cover is removable.
- It has a connection strap to keep it secure.
- The quilted cover which is removable is only held with elastics leaving behind exposed foam.
8. Deluxe Quilted and Padded Dog Car Seat Cover by Formosa Covers
This pet dog seat cover is a very nice and inexpensive solution to all the problems you face while traveling with your furry friend as it sheds its lovely yet irritating hair all over the place. This seta cover can prevent your car from getting all the hair over it and can make you’re traveling a lot satisfactory and easier.
The seat cover has straps with clips and the material is the kind that it does not slip from the seat so yes you don’t have to worry about the coverslipping all around the car. You can just easily fit it on the car seat and be carefree as it will stay in place unless your dog is 130 lbs and gets overwhelmingly excited for the car rides.
- The seat cover comes in three different sizes being 21” W x 72” L, 56” W x 94” L and 62” W x 94” L.
- It is available in 4 different colors being Gray, Black, Taupe and Black Micro velvet.
- Fits easily in your car seat as it was made especially for your car seat.
- It covers not only the seat but the floor and prevents that from pet hair as well.
- It leaves small white flakes or more like a powder in the car seat.
Features that Make a Best Dog Seat Cover For Car
The kind of fabric:
Choosing a heavy-duty fabric makes your dog seat durable and reliable. Technically fabric having GSM (grams per sq. meter) above 180 is pretty reliable as that would be heavy-duty material.
If your dog loves outdoors you might consider opting for a water-resistant seat or seat cover. The dog would be bringing in a lot of dirt and nasty stuff that you don’t want in your car. Having a water-resistant car seat can give you extra protection.
The right fit:
Having the right fit for your dog and your car is yet another feature that would decide which seat will be best for your use. Look for a little larger seats so your dog can have some space and feel free and comfortable in the dog car seat.
Quality of the materials:
The quality of the material will decide how long you will have your money in use. Going for bad quality stuff will end you up in wasting money. As for the clips, Nylon Clips works the best.
You also would have to check how much warranty the brand is giving and having a warranty for your dog car seat is always a plus point.
Choosing the best dog car seat that fulfills all the requirements you are looking for is a difficult task. Every seat has its positive sides and negative ones so it’s pretty difficult to point one as the best dog car seat. But with an overall view in our opinion, you can always go for the FidoRido Dog car seat, as it is of very good quality and also has a warranty of 5 or 7 years depending on whether you register the product.
Let us know what you think about our assessment and which one in your opinion is the best dog car seat or the best dog seat cover for the car.
Catherine Bono is a blogger, who is passionate about dogs and cats. She created Crittersitca.com to shares her experience as she studies to become a qualified vet.