Poodles are fantastic dogs and a lot of dog lovers can’t resist their cuteness, aren’t they?. They are cute, fun, and exciting to be with.
However, when it comes to hair care, they require a high level of maintenance. They have a very curly, soft coat and it needs to be taken care of regularly. If you are a poodles owner, then you should already be aware of the numerous beautiful and fun styles of trim you can achieve with the coat of this unique breed.
However, you can’t achieve those fascinating trimming styles without settling for the best poodle clippers.
Grooming is a very crucial aspect in the life of a poodle. This is because they need to be trimmed every six to eight weeks. A poodle’s coat needs to be taken care of regularly with the best dog grooming clippers and equipment.
However, settling for the best poodle clipper can sometimes be difficult because there are lots of them out there. But hang on a minute we are here to help you choose the best poodle coat clipper, we’ve done our findings and come up with a list of some of the best poodle clippers in the market.
Some Vital Feature to Consider When Looking for the Best Dog Clippers for Poodle
There are certain things you need to put into consideration when looking for a pair of grooming clippers for your poodle. Considering these features will help you make the right choice and settle for the best poodle clipper. Listed below are some of the things you should know/consider.
- The Sound of the Motor: While there are lots of quiet dog grooming clippers out there, some are more silent than others. Some of them can produce a very annoying sound that might be inconvenient for you and your poodle. If you have a dog that is highly sensitive to loud noises, then you should consider going for the much quieter grooming clippers.
- Sets or Kits: Some grooming clippers come in a set while some come in a kit. A kit only contains the clipper, the adaptor, a few attachments, and a brush. Whereas, a set is more like a complete package. It comes with the clipper, brushes, attachments, nail file, grooming scissors, nail trimmers, and many more. If you are a professional groomer or you plan on running full grooming services, then you should opt for the set.
- Spare Parts: Clippers are just like every other electronic device, they also experience lots of wear and tear. Over time, there are some parts of your clipper that might need a replacement. As a result, it is crucial that you opt for a machine that would allow you to replace a particular part without replacing the entire device.
Review of the Best Dog Clippers for Poodle on the Market
Are you ready for the list?
1. Andis ProClip AGC1 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
Andis ProClip AGC 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper is a versatile, multi-purpose clipper that is very popular among lots of poodle owners. It is a very powerful unit with running speeds of 4400 SPM (high speed) and 3400 SPM (low speed) and it does a great job on poodle furs.
Don’t forget, with the two-speed rotary motor feature provided in this clipper, you can switch between fast and slow modes.
It also cuts through thick and matted hair with ease. One fascinating thing about this clipper is that is durable. This clipper comes with a reliable motor, heavy duty cord, and a shatter-resistant casing. While this clipper is far from silent, it is relatively quiet. The motor runs quietly and it’s less likely to scare your dog.
The Andis dog grooming clipper comes with a cool-running smart design that prevents vents and fans from being clogged. It features a locking switch that prevents the clipper from shutting down accidentally. Also a great option for a long grooming session. However, you will need to cool it several times as the blade will likely get hot.
The detachable feature of this clipper allows you to use several blades with it. It is compatible with all CeramicEdge, UltraEdge, and ShowEdge blades.
- Relatively quiet
- Built to last
- Ideal for heavy poodle coats
- Not as convenient as cordless models
2. Wahl Pet-Pro Clipper – Combo Kit
Wahl is one of the most popular brands in the world that provides some of the best poodle clippers in the market. They also provide human clippers but their pet grooming clipper kits are exceptional. Wahl Pet-Pro dog grooming clipper kit has everything you could ever need in a clipper.
This clipper comes with a superior blade geometry and carbon steel blades that are designed to remain sharper for a long period. It also features an exceptional fur feeding that protects your dog from cuts and pulls. One unique feature about this kit is that it comes with enough equipment to help you through your grooming sessions.
Sometimes, when grooming a dog, you might come across matted hair that needs to be remedied with grooming scissors. This kit got you covered. This poodle clipper is powerful and precise, it supplies 30 percent extra power to the blades, giving you a smooth, fast and safe cut through the thickest of hair.
And what’s more, it is built to last, easy to maintain, and easy to use. This combo kit also comes with a “how-to” DVD that tells you how best to use the clipper.
- Additional clips for precision cutting
- 30 percent extra power
- Self-sharpening technology
- Gets hot over a long period of use
3. Andis ProClip Speed Detachable Blade Clipper, Professional Animal Grooming
Andis is known for making professional, great quality clippers. Their clippers might be a bit expensive but the quality of their clippers is well worth it. A lot of professional groomers opt for this brand and it’s easy to see why. Andis ProClip Speed Detachable Blade Clipper is one of the finest animal grooming clippers produced by Andis.
These poodle grooming clippers are tough. They are cased with shatter-proof housing and they are durable. They run smoothly and quietly as well. This means your dog will be relaxed during the process of trimming. This clipper gives you the flexibility to change the blades with ease.
It is also compatible with a wide range of blades, so you can use whichever blade that suits your style. This model is compatible with Andis’ own products and the blades of Oster’s A5 series. You can use it on any poodle feet or fur.
With this model, you don’t need grooming scissors to cut out matted hair. The clipper is designed to cut out matted hair. Its operation is extremely quiet. It comes with a simple and cool design, giving you the flexibility to style your poodle the way you want.
- Detachable blades for ease of cleaning and changing
- Extremely quiet operation
- Shatter-proof casing
4. PetTech Professional Dog Grooming Kit
One amazing benefit associated with this PetTech professional dog grooming kit is that it has everything you need in one kit. If you are looking for the right equipment for grooming job, then this model should be your best bet.
This professional dog grooming kit is ideal for trimming nails, poodle fur, poodle feet, poodle coat, and more. It also provides you with oil for the blades, combs, and brushes. Its motor is silent but not completely soundless. It is easy to use, even in an untrained hand.
Another feature that makes this clipper a perk for you is its cordless nature. The device is entirely cordless. This gives you the freedom to move the device at any angle you want. However, you need to make sure you charge the device very well before you start the grooming process. But the device can still be used while charging.
The device is lightweight, and this makes it much easier to maneuver. It also comes with very powerful titanium blades, rechargeable battery, and ergonomic design. The attachments that come with the device can be replaced easily if any wears out. This means you don’t have to buy the complete set to replace any attachment.
- Quick motor
- Complete set
- Replacement attachments
- Not suitable for thick coats
5. Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Dog Clippers
Wahl is one of the most reliable brands to turn to when looking for the best professional dog clippers for poodles, Labradoodles and other doodle dogs. As a result, a lot of dog owners and professional groomers have chosen the Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series cordless dog clipper for their grooming needs.
This device offers professional power with up to 6,000 SPM on the tough blade. This makes it a great and ideal option for poodles with thick coats. It also offers combs, adjustability, and a cordless design for easy maneuvering. The cordless design of this device is one of its key selling points. This makes it easy to groom both big and small animals.
The battery can last up to two hours (while running on full speed). It’s energy-efficient, safer, quieter, and more versatile. Another outstanding feature of the Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series is that they are self-sharpening. This means you don’t need to restore or oil the clipper in between uses. The blades are designed to renew themselves, making sure you have a snag-free cut and precision trims.
If you are looking for the best poodle clippers for thick hair, then this is one option you should consider. This device is designed not to back down when tackling super curly or thick poodle fur.
- Suitable for all dog sizes
- Great for standard poodle coat
- Keeps pet safe
- Not so quiet
Some Must-Have Dog Grooming Accessories
When purchasing a pair of grooming clippers, there are a couple of accessories that you need to consider buying also. They might come in really handy for your grooming needs. Listed below are some of the fundamental accessories you might need.
- Safety Rounded Tip Scissors: These scissors are specifically designed to trim around the paws and eyes of your dog safely.
- Blade Cooler: The blades of a clipper can be pretty hot most times, especially after prolonged With a blade cooling spray, your clipper blade will always be cool, decreasing the chances of ruining the skin of your poodle.
- Grooming Scissors: When grooming a poodle, the finishing touch, as well as some styles, require scissors. However, regular scissors can’t do the job. This is why you need grooming scissors – scissors that are specifically designed to cut through poodle coat.
- Grooming Table: A grooming table is also very important as it would help you position your poodle very well for proper and stress-free grooming.
- Styptic Powder: This is one first-aid item that you need to have at the corner when grooming your poodle. Mistakes are bound to happen, and you might mistakenly nick your dog at a sensitive spot during trimming. In the case of an accident, you can quickly stop the bleeding with Styptic Powder.
Tips for Grooming Your Poodle Safely
Grooming a poodle requires much more than settling for the best poodle clippers. It is vital that both you and your poodle are comfortable, else the grooming might not end well. Here are some tips on how to safely groom your poodle.
- It is normal for a poodle to be wary of grooming clippers. As a result, you need to create a positive association with your poodle. Allow your dog to smell the clipper while it’s off. Turn the clipper on gradually and hold it close to your poodle. Then proceed to cut a fraction of its hair. Making this process fun will also make your poodle to enjoy the clipper.
- All clipper blades heat up. So to have a safe grooming session, it is very important that you check the temperature of the blade regularly. If the clipper blade is too hot, you can use a cooling spray or with for it to cool.
- Make sure you brush the coat very well before you start grooming. This will allow the clipper to flow freely and faster.
Because your curly-coated friend needs regular attention, the best you can do is to find the best type of clipper that will suit your budget, situation, as well as the personality of your dog. You can also get recommendations from your vet.
However, from our list of the best dog clippers for poodle out there, our pick for the best poodle clipper is the PetTech Professional Dog Grooming Kit. This is because it is cordless, cost-effective, and it’s a complete set. This means it comes with all the basic tools you need to groom your dog.
So what is the poodle clipper you looking for? let us know.