Automatic Cat Feeders is another step in making your life easier as feeding your fur friend on scheduled times is no more a headache. You can have all the time to sleep without your cat waking you up when it needs food. You can work or even go on a few days trip and the automatic feeder will do the feeding-cat work for you.
Finding the right feeder for your cat is a challenge. Depending on how long you want to leave it up to the Feeder and don’t want to worry about it and how much does your cat eat along with the schedule like how many times does your cat needs a meal per day.
Considering your requirements you have to dive into the features and reviews to help you find the best feeder for your cat. We have reviewed the 6 best feeders on the market to make your work easier. The capacity of each feeder plus the schedule options will assist you a great deal in your hunt for the best feeder.
- 6 Best Automatic Cat Feeder for Wet Food Refrigerated Reviews:
- Things to Consider while Buying an Automatic Cat Feeder:
- Frequently Asked Questions
6 Best Automatic Cat Feeder for Wet Food Refrigerated Reviews:
1. Automatic Cat Feeder by Super Feeder
This automatic cat feeder is very well-suited as it requires a one-time setup and after that, you can be completely free of all tensions regarding feeding your cat on time and worries about what specific amount to feed each time.
You can make faults in the amount but this automatic feeder is guaranteed to give away the specific amount. It is especially good if your cat starts vomiting due to over-feeding or you want to work on weight loss of your pet.
Initially, the feeder has a capacity of 5 cups whereas this capacity is expandable by adding clear extensions that are available on Amazon to increase the capacity. The meal amount stored in the feeder can be increased up to 7 cups. You can set up to 8 meals a day. There are snacks in between the main meals.
The dimensions of the product are 10” x 11” x 15”. Super Feeder requires 110 – 240V AC or 12 V DC to power up and is not battery operated.
- It might miss a meal if the power is off but picks up the schedule as soon as the power connects back.
- All the parts are easily available and can be easily replaced if needed.
- It can be controlled with Wi-Fi or home automation.
- The instructions for setting up the feeder are poor.
- The process for setting the portion amount is difficult as you have to adjust by trying a tiny screw.
- It is way too expensive considering it’s setting up systems.
2. Automatic Pet Feeder by JEMPET for Dogs and Cats
This automatic feeder is compatible with dry as well as wet food.
It can be powered by plugging in a wall switch that is found in very few feeders and not just this but can also be powered by the batteries if you are on the go. This means that you can make good use of this feeder at home and can also use it while traveling with your pet.
The JEMPET feeder has a total capacity of 1.2 liters which is divided into 5 parts, each part having a capacity of 240 ml.
The size of the feeder is 12” x 13” x 3”. You have to set up the current time and feeding time. It can feed your cat 5 times a day.
- Two options for power supply, a power adapter that you can plug in the wall or by using batteries.
- 10-second recording system that can play your voice when you aren’t home.
- It has a standby mode and switches to standby if there is no operation for 25 seconds.
- For smaller pets, it is a bit challenging to feed themselves as the food bowls are deep and the cat has to put its head inside the feeder.
- Some pets tend to defeat the feeder and feed themselves with all the five meals by figuring out to rotate the bowl.
3. PetSafe Automatic Cat Feeder:
This cat feeder holds 6 cups of meals in the tray having 1 cup capacity per portion and an additional 1 cup in the bowl which is there ready to eat, thus the total capacity being 7 cups. It can dispense 6 meals be it in a day or 6 days giving 1 meal a day.
The unique feature in this feeder is the feed now button which allows you to dispense the next scheduled meal whereas the rest meals will be dispensed at their scheduled times.
PetSafe feeder eases your life as you won’t have to worry about feeding your cat and can sleep, work or travel easily with a free mind. You can go on a week-long trip without worrying about feeding your cat because if your cat needs 1 big meal a day then this feeder can feed your cat for 6 days and hence you can complete your trip without worrying.
The dimensions of the product are 15.7” x 9.6” x 6.4” and is powered by 4 D-cell alkaline batteries. It also has a sleep mode in which you can prevent the feeder from dispensing food and you won’t lose the programmed schedule.
- Has an LCD screen display.
- Easy and clear set up for timer.
- The feeder is easy to remove and clean.
- It consumes a lot of battery.
- The feeder is not designed perfectly and can be easily damaged by pets.
4. Automatic Pet Feeder for small pets by PAWISE
This automatic pet feeder can feed your pet 2 meals within 48 hours. The feeder is battery powered and it is really easy to set up the meal schedule in this feeder.
As this feeder sets up a countdown timer rather than the clock you can set the number of hours and after the specified number of hours, the feeder will open the lid of the feeder for your cat to enjoy the meal.
One big issue faced in the automatic cat feeders is the ease of cleaning. The PAWISE feeder is it is dishwasher safe which makes the cleaning process a lot easier for you. You can add in the ice packs which keeps the food fresh.
The dimensions of the product are 10.6” x 9.4” x 2.8” and it weighs only 1.75 pounds. The total capacity of the feeder is 600ml which is divided into 2 portions to make a 300ml portion each. It is powered up by batteries.
- Easy to use and the timer is a countdown rather than a clock.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- Can carry ice packs to keep the food fresh.
- The battery runs 24/7 and hence the batteries die very often.
- There is no low battery indication or warning and therefore the feeder would suddenly stop and won’t open when you expect it to open.
5. Cat Mate Pet Feeder with 2 Bowls
Cat Mate Pet Feeder has two large bowls, each can store 450 grams of food i.e. 1 pound of wet food. You can set the timer for 24 hours.
You can set the timer and the lid will open at the time for your cat to feed. If you want to keep wet food in it for as long as one week, it is highly recommendable that you freeze both the trays solid and also use the included icepacks for refrigeration. This makes it one of the best automatic cat feeder wet food refrigerated.
The lids and the bowls of the feeder are dishwasher safe that makes the cleaning easy. The size of the feeder is 10.4” x 3.4” x 8.5” and requires 1 AA or Lr6 battery to run the timer. The product also has a 3-year guarantee.
- It does not consume too much battery. One set of AA batteries can work for more than a month.
- Ice packs are included which is capable of keeping the food fresh for a week
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It is very light-weight that your cat can move it around the home trying to open it up or can even manage to flip it over.
- The timer can only be set in hours so if you want to feed your cat after 2 and a half or 3 and a half hour, you would have to wait for half an hour to set the timer.
6. Automatic Cat Feeder by Cat Mate with Digital Timer
This feeder by Cat Mate has a total capacity of approximately 3.6 pounds divided into 5 compartments, each compartment can hold a bit more than 11 ounces of food.
One meal can feed two cats or a small dog. You have to set the time for each meal. Once you have set the schedule for meals, all the times will be visible on the LCD screen.
Ice packs are also included to keep the food fresh for long especially the wet food. The lid and the bowls are easy to remove and clean as they are dishwasher safe.
The product uses 3 AA batteries that can power the Cat Mate feeder for nearly 12 months. Batteries are not included.
The dimensions of the product are 12.2” x 11.9” x 3.7”. The product is designed in a manner that it can be pet resistant so it could serve you for a long time. It has a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It has a long battery life.
- It can be used for dry as well as wet food.
- The quality of the product is pretty good for the price.
- The unit is not able to stay cold for long. Wet food can be stored for max 36 hours.
- The screen is very dim lit which makes it a bit difficult
Things to Consider while Buying an Automatic Cat Feeder:
The capacity of food storage: The amount of food which can be stored in the feeder. This determines how often you would have to visit for refilling.
Easy to clean: Feeder should be easy to clean as an un-clean feeder could become toxic after a few times. Some feeders are also dishwasher safe that makes the work a lot easier.
Pet-proof: Your pet might try to break into the feeder and a pet-proof feeder is something you should consider if you have a witty cat.
Portion control: Portion control is a good feature if you want to work on diet control or your cat over-feeds itself if gets access to more food.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set up an automatic cat feeder?
It depends on the type of feeder you are using. Generally, you have to fill the feeder with food and set the timings. If your feeder has portion control settings then you would have to set that too. The feeder will do the rest of the work and you would only have to visit often to clean and refill.
How many meals should you give to your cat?
It depends on the diet of your cat and its activity level and age. Most adult cats require one meal a day and work fine with that whereas the little kittens that are growing require more meals per day, often 4 – 6 meals a day.
Automatic Cat Feeder by Cat Mate with Digital Timer is the winner of round up in our opinion as it is pet safe, consumes less battery, and has a good food capacity. It also has ice packs that can keep the wet food fresh for a number of days. The 5 compartments also allow you to control the portion size.
Which in your view is the best automatic cat feeder for refrigerated wet food and why? Share with us also tell what your cat likes in it the most.